Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Recently had to trade my 987-1 in and got a 2018 Cayenne GTS (leg injury stopped manual transmission driving) I have a set of 19" rims with good Yoko Iceguard tires with 5x114.3 (5x4.5") bolt pattern that I'd like to use for the winter. Cayenne has 21" rims 5x130mm pattern. I understand that there are wheel adapters to cater for the bolt pattern change but then there will need to be a change in the speedo etc to produce the correct readings due to rim size change. Any thoughts on 1. whether adapters are a good idea and 2. on the speedo reading change. Thanks

· Registered
2,561 Posts
I have no knowledge of bolt adapters, but the rim size is irrelevant. What matters is the outside diameter of the tire. There are lots of tire size calculators on-line. If the difference is more than a couple of percent, you risk not only a speedometer error, but errors with stability control. Not recommended.

· Administrator
2,222 Posts
I would be more concerned with the weight rating of the 987 rims. I imagine there may be some difference between rims designed for a 3,000lb car vs a 5,500lb truck. They may not be strong enough to use on your Cayenne. You'd be better off selling them to a 987 owner and using those funds to buy ones made for a Cayenne.

Reactions: Lovejoy

· Administrator
2,222 Posts
I wasn't clear, the rims with the snows are not off the 987 but were used on a Chrysler 300
And the offsets (with adaptors) will remain the same? That's rather important, and likely an issue. Wouldn't it be simpler to sell the 300 rims/tires and keep an eye on our marketplace for some used 987 rims with snows?

Reactions: John 17
1 - 6 of 6 Posts