Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped by my Porsche Dealer today to check on my order for a new Cayman T. Due to a glitch in the system the order has not been placed as yet. While I was there I noticed a 2019 Boxster GTS Carmine Red on the showroom floor. It's a demo car with 4,558 miles on it and the condition is outstanding. MSRP is $103,170 and I was able to get for an astounding $74,170 so I said good bye Cayman T and hello Boxster GTS. It has over $20,000 in options including full leather and alcantara interior. Still pinching myself.
D80EDFC0-590D-4A87-8431-6B3D0C3120B4_1_201_a.jpeg

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
First outdoor photo of my 2019 Boxster GTS in sunny North Georgia.
6A2CE6DC-A93E-43AC-8172-0083E34EECFA_1_201_a.jpeg

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Looks amazing! I love that Carmine Red. So if that pic was in North GA, are you a member of the Peach State region?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks amazing! I love that Carmine Red. So if that pic was in North GA, are you a member of the Peach State region?
Yes both my wife (Debbie) and I (Charley) have been members since 2012. I served on the board as Concours Chairman, Advertising and Sponsorship Chairman and most recently as Membership Chairman. We are both taking a break from serving on the board but still very active in the club events. We're planning on attending the next Porsche's and Caffeine on July 18th in Sandy Springs. I assume you are a member as well. If so, are you planning on attending the event on the 18th? Maybe we'll see you there.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Yes both my wife (Debbie) and I (Charley) have been members since 2012. I served on the board as Concours Chairman, Advertising and Sponsorship Chairman and most recently as Membership Chairman. We are both taking a break from serving on the board but still very active in the club events. We're planning on attending the next Porsche's and Caffeine on July 18th in Sandy Springs. I assume you are a member as well. If so, are you planning on attending the event on the 18th? Maybe we'll see you there.
Yes, I joined about 5 years ago and attended a few of the monthly socials each year, but my job is 100% air travel so it was always hit or miss if I would be home on any given Monday, and then on top of that I lived in Midtown for the last 20 years and most of the socials were up 400N and a very tough rush hour ride to make it there. I did a couple of the driving tours and then had to take a year off with a new home move to Vinings where I took my time on several projects before actually moving in 6 months after purchase.

Now that Im right off 285 and closer, Covid hit so here we are! I plan to engage again as best I can once things go back to normal. As of now I may need to be giving virtual talks at a medical meeting that is scheduled for the weekend of the 18th, but its yet to be 100% confirmed. I will definitely try and drop in to see the new GTS if I end up being available and the weather permits!

Lately Ive been driving up north each good weather weekend on my own just to get out during this Covid crap. I like heading up to Cartersville and picking up 411 through the country backroads and then making my way over using highway 52 for the curvies and working my way back through Dawsonville to 400 for a 4-5 hour drive. Sometimes I will go to Vogel State Park and walk the trails as well or drive through Helen or Brasstown Bald depending on how long I want to be out of the house

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I joined about 5 years ago and attended a few of the monthly socials each year, but my job is 100% air travel so it was always hit or miss if I would be home on any given Monday, and then on top of that I lived in Midtown for the last 20 years and most of the socials were up 400N and a very tough rush hour ride to make it there. I did a couple of the driving tours and then had to take a year off with a new home move to Vinings where I took my time on several projects before actually moving in 6 months after purchase.

Now that Im right off 285 and closer, Covid hit so here we are! I plan to engage again as best I can once things go back to normal. As of now I may need to be giving virtual talks at a medical meeting that is scheduled for the weekend of the 18th, but its yet to be 100% confirmed. I will definitely try and drop in to see the new GTS if I end up being available and the weather permits!

Lately Ive been driving up north each good weather weekend on my own just to get out during this Covid crap. I like heading up to Cartersville and picking up 411 through the country backroads and then making my way over using highway 52 for the curvies and working my way back through Dawsonville to 400 for a 4-5 hour drive. Sometimes I will go to Vogel State Park and walk the trails as well or drive through Helen or Brasstown Bald depending on how long I want to be out of the house

Hopefully your schedule will allow you to participate in the July 18th Porsches and Caffeine so we could actually meet.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Spent the day driving my 2019 Boxster GTS in North Georgia and I'm still grinning. The more I drive her the more I like her.

·
Registered
33 Posts
With the release of the 4.0 GTS, the 4cyl inventory was sure to get creamed. Perfect pickup if you ask me. What a machine

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
With the release of the 4.0 GTS, the 4cyl inventory was sure to get creamed. Perfect pickup if you ask me. What a machine

Thanks I think so too!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Logged into pcaboxsterregister and learned that my 2019 Boxster GTS was selected as Boxster Of The Week.
Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 3.14.59 PM.png

Reactions: ICNU

·
Registered
474 Posts
That sounds like a killer deal! Congrats. Carmine Red is hot. Maybe I'll see you around ATL sometime...

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That sounds like a killer deal! Congrats. Carmine Red is hot. Maybe I'll see you around ATL sometime...
Where are you located in Georgia. I'm in Alpharetta. Are you a member of Peachstate Porsche Club? I've been a member since 2012 and am very active in the club having served on the board for over 6 years. Events have been somewhat sparse since Covid-19 but I did attend a very nice Porsches and Caffeine last Saturday that was well attended. Look forward to running into you at some point.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Milton. Not a Peachstate member...have done a few PCA sponsored Autox event last year and the year prior. Did a mountain run with the local Porsche folks maybe 2 years ago. I'll hit Caffeine & Octane once in awhile. I'm probably the only Mexico Blue Cayman GTS in the region...

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Milton. Not a Peachstate member...have done a few PCA sponsored Autox event last year and the year prior. Did a mountain run with the local Porsche folks maybe 2 years ago. I'll hit Caffeine & Octane once in awhile. I'm probably the only Mexico Blue Cayman GTS in the region...
Would love to see your Cayman some day.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Love the deal on that carmine red! very pretty! I think I saw that car online too, ha!

I just got a 2018 GTS last week. 7k miles, 106k MSRP, CPO of course and full paint film wrap (another 7k MSRP for a total of 113,000) for 73,100. Car is crazy gorgeous, looks 100% brand new and got it for $42,393.75 off original TCO when you add in all the sales tax for each.... um, yes please. The deals are out there. Go get one! Yay for the intro of the 4.0, thank you Porsche!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Love the deal on that carmine red! very pretty! I think I saw that car online too, ha!

I just got a 2018 GTS last week. 7k miles, 106k MSRP, CPO of course and full paint film wrap (another 7k MSRP for a total of 113,000) for 73,100. Car is crazy gorgeous, looks 100% brand new and got it for $42,393.75 off original TCO when you add in all the sales tax for each.... um, yes please. The deals are out there. Go get one! Yay for the intro of the 4.0, thank you Porsche!

Outstanding! Congrats. Pictures please.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts