Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Hope you're not planning on buying it in the USA because it is not being imported here.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hope you're not planning on buying it in the USA because it is not being imported here.
His Georgia must be the country. You aren't getting a 718 T in the States. Or at least not one with the screen delete (due to the backup camera mandate).

To the OP, that is a beautiful car and perfect for backroad driving. Enjoy!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It most certainly is being imported to the USA according to my Porsche dealer. They will begin taking order in the Spring of 2020. I plan on order it in June 2020 and trading my 2018 Cayman.

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
His Georgia must be the country. You aren't getting a 718 T in the States. Or at least not one with the screen delete (due to the backup camera mandate).

To the OP, that is a beautiful car and perfect for backroad driving. Enjoy!
Never thought of this, probably applies to the upcoming Spyder and GT4 then?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Never thought of this, probably applies to the upcoming Spyder and GT4 then?
Backup cameras became mandatory for new light vehicles in Canada in May 2018.

·
Registered
323 Posts
It most certainly is being imported to the USA according to my Porsche dealer. They will begin taking order in the Spring of 2020. I plan on order it in June 2020 and trading my 2018 Cayman.
No one truly knows. Some of the other folks here and at RL have said their dealers have told them the T is not coming to the States. Others have so the 4 cylinder turbos aren't coming back to the States at all. We probably won't know who is right until some time next year. All we know for sure is that no Boxsters/Caymans are being produced right now because production is moving to a different factory so more 992s can be produced in Stuttgart.

What I can tell you is you won't be getting the spec above delivered in the States from the factory. We don't have an option for the stereo delete. Backup camera is mandatory, and in a Porsche that means there must be a stereo due to the screen.

·
Registered
333 Posts
If you already have a 2018, I don’t see why you’d lose a bunch of money for this Cayman T.

·
Registered
924 Posts
OP, best wishes that you can get exactly what you want.

That said, don't you all find it a little bit completely ridiculous AND stupid that you cannot get proper Cayman T because children get killed by their parents driving in reverse in Suburbans/Tahoes?

Not trying to derail the thread, but there is something deeply WRONG about all this. Almost like rolling coal trucks = OK, VW Golf TDI = children killer.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
Backup cameras became mandatory for new light vehicles in Canada in May 2018.
Yep, I knew that, just forgot that this would be the reason you cannot delete the PCM in the Spyder and GT4 here or the States... ;)

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I get a new car every two years. It's not about the money its about what makes me happy.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I get a new car every two years. It's not about the money its about what makes me happy.
So it’s not about money, and it’s not about performance....

cant argue with that!:)

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not sure I understand the performance part of your answer. My 2018 Cayman is quicker that my 2016 Boxster S with the flat six engine. It really surprised me when I test drove the base Cayman so much that I opted not to go for the S model and from what I've read on other forums from 2019 Cayman T owners the T should out perform my base 2018 so I wouldn't say its not about performance.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Although there has been no official announcement from Porsche regarding the T, I t is certainly possible that it will be imported. There is just so much speculation about the future of the 718 line that anything is possible. Good luck with your purchase.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts