Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you hearing about availability of the 2020 GT4 in US? Have any delivered in US? Anyone getting allocations? I have heard various explanations - that they will be widely available on the one hand to limited supply on the other. Car builder is on Porsche website, 6-speed only so they are coming. My local dealer has been very helpful except they don't seem to be getting a lot of info on availability/timing from Porsche. Have heard 6 speed first deliveries by summer 2020 followed by PDK version in fall/winter 2020/21. RS rumored but nothing definitive. Anyone have hard facts?
Thanks

·
Registered
392 Posts
I've got one on order, was due to delivery soon but now delayed with factory shut down due to COVID. I sold my 981S in January expecting the new car soon. Now the garage is re purposed into a home gym since the gym is closed.

All good but been waiting 1.5 years for this car......big time waiter!

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Although I am not waiting for a GT4 but I am waiting for a Spyder! ;)

I traded my BGTS in last July, so I figure about a year in between rides...

As for the garage, I better get busy because I don't think I can fit a mini-bike in there now ! :eek:

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
What's the expected Spyder delivery date Westcoaster? Our ED got cancelled and we are trying to get the 992 delivered, but dealer so far can't get a status update from Porsche in Germany. We know it's built...just don't know exactly where it is lol.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I've got one on order, was due to delivery soon but now delayed with factory shut down due to COVID. I sold my 981S in January expecting the new car soon. Now the garage is re purposed into a home gym since the gym is closed.

All good but been waiting 1.5 years for this car......big time waiter!
Update.....The car is complete and at the Emden port. Arrival end of July.

·
Premium Member
1,621 Posts
The car or girl or both ??

·
Premium Member
1,621 Posts
Yea not a happy expression

·
Registered
5,467 Posts

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
What's the expected Spyder delivery date Westcoaster? Our ED got cancelled and we are trying to get the 992 delivered, but dealer so far can't get a status update from Porsche in Germany. We know it's built...just don't know exactly where it is lol.
Hey there, not sure how I missed this post, anyway the Spyder is built and collecting dust on the dock in Emden it was there in time for the last ship to Halifax but for some reason did not get loaded so we are waiting for next ride home. The rumour is there is one headed our way in the next 2 weeks, so maybe early July.(?) As your 992 is built it is likely going to be on the same ship.

Reactions: gcurnew

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Hey there, not sure how I missed this post, anyway the Spyder is built and collecting dust on the dock in Emden it was there in time for the last ship to Halifax but for some reason did not get loaded so we are waiting for next ride home. The rumour is there is one headed our way in the next 2 weeks, so maybe early July.(?) As your 992 is built it is likely going to be on the same ship.
Hope ours is on the next boat with yours....still no update on the status of our 992 (last change in March was "compound, in transit").

Reactions: Westcoaster

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Stay tuned for our 2020 GT4 Release, We've been working tirelessly for R&D and cant wait to put our new products up on the website.
Yep, I see exhaust tips! (y)

I also saw the information about the over axle OPF delete pipes, very clean design with the optical scan then mandrel bending, how about adding some heat shielding for the street?

I had your Cat-Back system on my Boxster 3.4l it made the sound come alive, looking for the above and valved exhaust for the Spyder!

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Hope ours is on the next boat with yours....still no update on the status of our 992 (last change in March was "compound, in transit").
The next ship to Halifax is the Siem Confucius scheduled to leave Emden on June 16th and arrive in Canada on June 26th. This (I believe) is this ships first trans-Atlantic cargo run since being finished late last year, so far it traveled from China via the Suez Canal to the North Sea and has been bobbing about for quite awhile. It is one of 2 new ships for Siem Shipping contracted to VAG for the Europe NA run, unique as its prime fuel is LNG.

Reactions: gcurnew
800 Posts
Yep, I see exhaust tips! (y)

I also saw the information about the over axle OPF delete pipes, very clean design with the optical scan then mandrel bending, how about adding some heat shielding for the street?

I had your Cat-Back system on my Boxster 3.4l it made the sound come alive, looking for the above and valved exhaust for the Spyder!
Hey WestCoaster,
R&D is still working towards the valved option, Everything will be up on the website for purchase shortly!
Check out our new teaser of whats to come...

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Hey WestCoaster,
R&D is still working towards the valved option, Everything will be up on the website for purchase shortly!
Check out our new teaser of whats to come...
Awesome, I will be keeping an eye out for it! Cool process with the hand held scanner, should help with accurate fitment and keep the cost down for out here! ;)

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
The next ship to Halifax is the Siem Confucius scheduled to leave Emden on June 16th and arrive in Canada on June 26th. This (I believe) is this ships first trans-Atlantic cargo run since being finished late last year, so far it traveled from China via the Suez Canal to the North Sea and has been bobbing about for quite awhile. It is one of 2 new ships for Siem Shipping contracted to VAG for the Europe NA run, unique as its prime fuel is LNG.
Just got confirmation our C4 is on the Siem Confucius, scheduled to arrive in Halifax on June 26. Hope yours is on the boat, too.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts