Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer is going to include 20k service package if I buy from them since I'm coming from BMW. Does anyone know what that includes. Looking to get a CGTS. Thanks

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
I don't know ... what did the dealer say it included? Did he mean the first 20k services are covered? Did he mean that the specific 20k service would be covered? I would hope that he means that all services for the first 20k miles are included -- if so that would cover about $2k in services for my dealer.......

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I figured it was just an oil change and some overpriced visual inspection. What they said it covers is all maintenance up to 20k miles. So from the way it sounds it's two oil changes and a brake flush. Brake flush is worthless to me since I will be putting hi-temp fluid in and changing every few events.

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
I'm approaching 20K and have talked to two local dealerships. One quote $750 for oil and pollen filter. The other quoted just over $1K for air filters, pollen filter and oil. I would also like a definitive list from Porsche to review.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
I would also like a definitive list from Porsche to review.
Try this (can't remember where I got it, but it may help) :

Maintenance Checklist – Boxster/S, Cayman/S (981) (2013-on)
Required Maintenance and Lubrication Service
* Oil Change Every 10,000 miles (15,000 km) or 1 year. See Below Check Box.
Maintenance (Labor Operation 03 16 00 ..) See Technical Manual
After 40,000, 80,000, 120,000, 160,000 miles etc. / 60,000, 120,000, 180,000, 240,000 km etc.
Note: If the mileage for scheduled maintenance is not reached, maintenance must be performed no later than after
4, 8, 12..... years.
The terms ‘check’ and ‘inspection’ include all necessary subsequent work such as adjusting, readjusting, correcting and
topping off, but do not include repairing, replacing and reconditioning parts or assemblies.
Electrics
❏ Diagnosis system: Read out fault memory; reset maintenance interval
❏ Windshield wiper/washer system, headlight washer: Check function and nozzle adjustment
❏ Horn: Check operation
❏ Tires: Check tire pressure (TPM)
❏ Batteries and ventilation hoses: Check condition
❏ Electrical equipment as well as indicator and warning lights: Check operation
Inside of Vehicle
❏ Pollen filter: Replace filter element
❏ Seat belts: check function and condition
❏ Door locks: check function
Front Luggage Compartment
❏ Pollen filter: Replace pre-filter element
❏ Check front lid lock and safety hook of the front lid for secure seating and function properly
❏ Windshield wiper/washer system, headlight washer: Check fluid level and antifreeze protection level
❏ Check firewall body drains for debris
Outside of Vehicle
❏ Check wiper blades
❏ Vehicle lighting: Check operation
❏ All headlights: Check adjustment
❏ Radiators and air intakes: Visual inspection for exterior debris and blockage
Under the Vehicle
❏ Drain engine oil and change oil filter
❏ Vehicle underside and engine compartment: Visual inspection for leaks (oils and fluids) and abrasion (lines and hoses);
Underbody panels: visual inspection for completeness, secure installation and damage
❏ Tires: Check condition
❏ Brake system: Visual inspection of the brake pads and brake discs for signs of wear (without removing wheels)
❏ Brake hoses and lines: Visual inspection for damage, correct routing and corrosion Check brake fluid level
❏ Steering gear: Visual inspection of the dust boots for damage
Tie rod ends: Check play and dust boots
❏ Axle shafts/Drive shafts: Visual inspection of the dust boots for leaks & signs of damage/wear
❏ Exhaust system: Visual inspection for leaks and damage; check mounting and heat shields
Rear Luggage Compartment
❏ Air filter: Replace filter elements
❏ Fill engine oil (Every 10,000 miles/15,000 km, see separate Oil Change Sheet, PNA 000 162 LC)
❏ Coolant: Check level and antifreeze protection level
❏ Check firewall body drains for debris
Engine Compartment
❏ Fuel lines and connections: Visual inspection for damage and leaks
❏ Visual inspection for leaks (oils and fluids)

Additional Maintenance – Replace Spark Plugs (Labor Operation 03 81 00 ..)
❏ Replace spark plugs: every 40,000 miles / 60,000 km or 4 years
Additional Maintenance - Drive Belt Labor operation 03 60 00 ..
❏ Check drive belt at 40,000 miles (60,000 km) or every 4 years
❏ Check drive belt at 100,000 miles (150,000 km) or every 10 years
❏ Check drive belt at 160,000 miles (240,000 km) or every 16 years

Additional Maintenance every 60,000 miles / 90,000 km or 6 years (Labor Operation 03 83 00 ..)
❏ Replace drive belt
Additional Maintenance every 80,000 miles / 120,000 km or 4 years (Labor Operation 03 85 00 ..)
❏ Ancillary unit mounts and chassis: visual inspection of all rubber mountings and boots for damage
Additional Maintenance every 120,000 miles / 180,000 km or 12 years (Labor Operation 03 88 00 ..)
❏ Manual transmission: change oil
❏ PDK transmission: change oil
❏ PDK transmission: change clutch oil
Additional Maintenance every 2 years (Labor Operation 03 51 00 ..)
❏ Change brake fluid (use only Original Porsche Brake Fluid)
❏ Tire sealant (For MY 2014-on, check expiration date and replace as necessary, for MY 2013 see below)
Additional Maintenance every 4 years (Labor Operation 03 52 00 ..)
❏ Replace tire sealant (For MY 2013 the replacement interval is “every 4 years”, for MY 2014-on see above)
Inspection Performed - Technician Signature: ____________________________________________
Road Test Check
❏ Remote control, front seats, foot brake and electric parking brake (also operating travel), engine, clutch, steering,
transmission, ParkAssist, cruise control, PSM, PASM & Sport switches, sports exhaust system, door mirror fold-in function,
heater, air-conditioning system and instruments: Check operation
❏ Oils, fluids: Visual inspection for leaks

Road Test Performed - Technician Signature: ____________________________________________
Customer Name: ____________________________________________ Date: ____/____/____
VIN: WP _________________________________________________
Mileage (check one) Miles Kilometers: _________________
Dealer Name: ________________________________________________ Dealer Code: ____________
Repair Order #: _____________________
Technician Name: ____________________________________________
Technician Signature: ____________________________________________

·
Registered
260 Posts
The major tasks are an oil change and brake system flush and refill. And checking 30 other things.
key elements called for at 20K are oil and filter change, pollen and air filters and brake fluid flush, plus a bunch of checks/adjustments. Note that when I asked my dealer for a price for the 20K service I asked if it included the brake flush. He said no, that Porsche requires that to be quoted separately even though it is clearly called for in the maintenance schedule. So be sure to ask your dealer about this when getting a quote.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts