Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys
quick question, I am at 13k miles now on my 08 CS. about 8 months ago and 8k had the brake flush and oil change, I was reading at the car service manual that you need the 2nd minor service at 20k or every 2 years( oil change, element filter and just lots of things to check) .. would you recommend it?or should I just wait for the year and get just another oil change?

thanks all

·
Premium Member
1,614 Posts
Some things in the service schedule are not millage dependent, they are time dependent. For example the brake fluid flush.

I am a little neurotic about my brakes, so I flush the brake fluid on schedule for my other cars and yearly on my Cayman because I use Motul 600 and that is the recommendation. Check the level of other fluids like power steering, coolant and oil.:2cents:

The other stuff like the cabin air filters, windshiedl wipers, etc. you could inspected and decide yourself. It depends on how mechanically inclined you are and how time constrained you could be.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Jaica - You do all of these by youself or from dealer?
flush the brake fluid yearly on Cayman . Check the level of other fluids like power steering, coolant and oil ???

Thanks,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts