Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been accumulating parts over the last mo that will be going on my CSS. They include:

• IPD plenum and GT3 82mm throttle body (bought on Suncoast's Christmas sale)
  • GT3 front brake ducts
  • Brey-Krause fire extinguisher bracket and fire extinguisher
  • Tarett rear toe control arms
  • Tarett lower control arm bushings
  • Braided brake lines

It will be a few wks before I can begin adding the parts. I'll probably start with the suspension components first as the current setup has lost its ability to get into proper toe specs and I'm tired of a pulling car. Hopefully these pieces help it stay in alignment better.

DSCN1872.JPG

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I've been accumulating parts over the last mo that will be going on my CSS. They include:

• IPD plenum and GT3 82mm throttle body (bought on Suncoast's Christmas sale)
  • GT3 front brake ducts
  • Brey-Krause fire extinguisher bracket and fire extinguisher
  • Tarett rear toe control arms
  • Tarett lower control arm bushings
  • Braided brake lines

It will be a few wks before I can begin adding the parts. I'll probably start with the suspension components first as the current setup has lost its ability to get into proper toe specs and I'm tired of a pulling car. Hopefully these pieces help it stay in alignment better.

View attachment 55424
Just curious. What are you using as headers/exhaust? I only have headers w/high flow cats on OEM PSE. Still debating whether the competition plenum is worth the money when the exhaust is still on OEM ...

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just curious. What are you using as headers/exhaust? I only have headers w/high flow cats on OEM PSE. Still debating whether the competition plenum is worth the money when the exhaust is still on OEM ...
I have stock exhaust w/ PSE. Have heard to really max the benefit of the IPD you need to go with headers & high flow cats along with a software upgrade. Those two things alone will be $2K and I haven't descended that portion of the slippery slope (and probably won't). Think that money would be better spent at Porsche driving school.

I bought the IPD / TB at Suncoast when they had their 25% off at Christmas sale. Had some Christmas money to spend so figured why not. The other items aren't speed related but should make my CSS a stronger street and DE machine. The current suspension bushings are out of round and can't get into proper toe specs on the left side. Hoping the Tarett items will do the trick and help it stay in proper alignment. It's pretty easy to knock the stock stuff out of alignment.

Reactions: Alpha.GT4

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I have stock exhaust w/ PSE. Have heard to really max the benefit of the IPD you need to go with headers & high flow cats along with a software upgrade. Those two things alone will be $2K and I haven't descended that portion of the slippery slope (and probably won't). Think that money would be better spent at Porsche driving school.

I bought the IPD / TB at Suncoast when they had their 25% off at Christmas sale. Had some Christmas money to spend so figured why not. The other items aren't speed related but should make my CSS a stronger street and DE machine. The current suspension bushings are out of round and can't get into proper toe specs on the left side. Hoping the Tarett items will do the trick and help it stay in proper alignment. It's pretty easy to knock the stock stuff out of alignment.
thats nice. For various reasons (including the fact that I don't wanna go deaf or drive my wife nuts with aftermarket exhausts), I don't foresee myself swapping out the PSE in the near future. Just that it seems no one has ever put the competition plenum in a pretty stock car in power department. So would be very curious as to how this turns out (whether it would cause the low end to behave less smoothly etc)

anyway, keep us posted if you don't mind. Maybe I will wait for another Christmas sale to pick up mine :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts