Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

2nd Key for the 987

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  SchnellAuto 
#1 ·
My 06 came with one key. I looked into Suncoast and the key they sell. It is a good savings over what the dealer quotes.
However, as I am always looking to spend as little as possible for products that work. Has anyone gotten a key from these guys on eBay? They claim 10 sold :).

I am sort of skeptical here but.......

New Complete Replacement Porsche 3B Keyless Entry Key Diamond Head Car Remote | eBay

Thanks in advance.
Paul

#5 ·
I found this youtube video on getting a lower alternative to the dealer key option. I ordered a key blade from the UK website, you send them a digital picture of of your key and they produce a cut blade from the photo.

Porsche 911, Cayman, Boxster (987/997) key and remote replacement as che...: Porsche 911, Cayman, Boxster (987/997) key and remote replacement as cheap as possible (and battery) - YouTube

I did buy a remote from the dealer because the one I got from e-bay failed the complete programming process.

#8 ·
I assume when you order a key from any Porsche Dealer, it will arrive cut to the VIN # and possible already be coded correctly. 928's didn't require coding, but the dealer supplied plastic part was narrow, and that required the additional finger grip parts. That was where I used non dealer parts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.