Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I would like to add some Image wheel Split Rims to my Cayman S (09 Gen2)

Do you think that this design would suit the CS..

Billet 110

Many thanks in advance :cheers:

·
Registered
226 Posts
I like that they're Fuchs replicas. I'd have to see them on the vehicle though. You really never know until then.

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Yeah, but I think they really won't look that good on your Cayman. IMO, the wheels you have look great. Are they 19"? It's a matter of taste and I understand the retro look you're going for.

·
Registered
58 Posts
They would either work really well or look ridiculous. They need to be seriously big otherwise the black centre will make them look smaller than they are.

Your nice red (or yellow) callipers will disappear too :(

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Hi, I would like to add some Image wheel Split Rims to my Cayman S (09 Gen2)

Do you think that this design would suit the CS..

Billet 110

Many thanks in advance :cheers:
It's in the eye of the beholder for sure, but my eye says no. The Fuchs wheel was great on early 911's, but time marches on.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Those are umm welll....... you know... :)

If you want vintage, here is a pic or three of a wheel we developed for the early aircooled cars, but has been adapted to the late model cars. It features a forged 6061 center and 6061 rim shells. Tested to SAE specs (which it easily exceeded) and very, very light weight.

My company has no vested interest in this wheel anymore as we sold all of the rights to Zuffenhaus Products Eurowerks | Zuffenhaus [ Charlotte, NC Porsche & BMW Service and Repair ] They also have a Euro distributor I believe...

·
Registered
992 Posts
I can't imagine those looking good on a Cayman. It would HAVE to be a 19+" application and HAVE to be coupled with an aggressive kit and suspension to have a sliver of a chance. Anything else and it would look...well, you know. Just my 2c

·
Borlafide member of Northeast Group
789 Posts
hmmm a retro look....it could work and just might with the right size and tire....the pics poster by Jeff work for me - the black on black looks good...it all comes down to taste...and it's your taste that matters and no one else...it's the reason they make vanilia and chocolate.

·
Registered
674 Posts
wow, those photos are all the proof needed...they look terrible.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I love those Billet wheels. For my Boxster S, I got the 'Cayman S' wheels and had them painted at the factory to look like that.. Get a lot of compliments on them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts