Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok..so getting close to 30k, I've got 2 questions:

1) Is there really a 30k service, some places tell me "just oil change", others say "oil change, plus filters(cabin,etc..)

2) Any reccomendations for an independent mechanic who is good and will allow me to give him the parts (oil, filter(s)) just charge me labor in the Los Angeles area?

thanks!!!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Eddie is right. There are different intervals for the different generations. I have 987.1 and I just keep in mind that every 12k miles I alternate between oil change, minor, and major services required in the maintenance booklet. For gen 2's, I see it's about every 10k or so. Remember dealers/indies have their "recommended" intervals. Pick one that better suits your driving habit if its a daily driver etc. or a garage queen. Some stuff like cabin air filter is also DIY, even the serpentine belt if you got the tools and experience.

987 Major Maintenance Check List - Downloads - Planet-9

FLINTWORKS - Porsche Services

http://www.leithporsche.com/cdn.dlr...S-2011-intermediate-maintenance-checklist.pdf

http://www.leithporsche.com/cdn.dlr...le/911-S/911-S-2011-maintenance-checklist.pdf

Porsche Maintenance Interval

·
Registered
728 Posts
The reality is today 99% of maintenance consists of fluid changes and filters.The days of valve adjustments and retorquing cylinder heads is long gone. The good news if you have average mechanical skills you can do 99% of the maintenance yourself. Carl

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys I have a base '07 cayman....not very mechanical thus the request for any indi mechanics? If you have an in Los Angeles area willing to just charge shop rate (I will supply parts) let me know

·
Super Moderator
13,942 Posts
Ok..so getting close to 30k, I've got 2 questions:

1) Is there really a 30k service, some places tell me "just oil change", others say "oil change, plus filters(cabin,etc..)
Look it up in the manuals you got with your car.

There is only ONE maintenance schedule for your car and that comes from PAG. Anything else is just a means for some company to make money from you by "recommending" whatever they are selling.

Go here Maintenance Intervals - Porsche Service - Service & Accessories - Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG download the schedule, look up your car year, and figure it out.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I am in Orange County - I have some recommended indy shops here, but they may be too far away if you are in LA/the west side/the valley.

I suggest you contact someone in the local PCA region for shop recommendations.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts