Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here I find myself 30 days from my completion date and hopefully 40 days from delivery. I decided to finally reveal my spec...sort of. A little fun for those of us who have agonized over our options for months and again agonized over the wait (mine started in August)...and still are waiting. Since many of us have practically memorized the option list, I thought I would have some fun with you and list only the option codes. Please join in if you like and reveal how obsessed you are with our beloved Cayman and write in what the codes are...First to get them all gets a free beer and a ride.:cheers:

p.s. feel free to tell me I'm nuts:burnout:

Here we go:
U2
FE
P12
P75
XME
XSH
EBF
XMP
XSC
P01
XSA
CPU
P23
XNS
CJX
XXB
CUF

Once all is revealed I will explain my rational:crazy:

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,755 Posts
My brain hurts. Can we just have the answers? :confused:

·
Northeast Group
29 Posts
U2 - GT Silver Metallic
FE - Sea Blue full leather
619-Bluetooth
870-Universal audio interface
498-Delete model designation
P12-Self-Dim mirrors
P75-Bi-Xenon
220-LSD
475-PASM
419-19" Carrera SII
446-Colored wheel crest
XME-Rear center console in exterior color
XSH-Silver seat belts
EBF-Additional Interior package leather
XMP-Leather sun visors
XSC-Porsche crest in headrest
680-Bose
P01-Adaptive Sport seats
XSA-Sport seat backs in exterior color
CPU-Key pouch interior color leather
P23-PCM
XNS-Leather steering column
805-Interior design package in exterior color
CJX-Floor mats w/leather surround
XXB-Door sill SS, Iluminated
CUF-PCM in exterior color
640-Sport chrono package plus
641-Electronics log book

I think I got them all.

NICE BUILD!!!

No XCZ or 573?

I look forward to seeing it. I wanted GT silver but went with Arctic.

What dealer did you buy from?

My delivery was 5.5 weeks after completion and I got it the day after it was delivered to the dealer. 12/12/09 Delivery.

Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Wow, what a list.

I'd better see you and BeachCroc at some local Nor'Easter events this year!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow, what a list.

I'd better see you and BeachCroc at some local Nor'Easter events this year!

Absolutely, as soon as I have my VIN I am joining up.
My first scheduled event is a two day High Performance class with Skippy at Lime Rock on August 23/24. I used to race up there occasionally but it has been 10 years so I want hooked up and ready for some track days.

Thanks everyone, I went a little crazy on the interior trim.

I opted out on PDK...I love to row
No PCCB....will look to TPC brake package
Actually hope to do the whole TPC package as money and skill allow.

Look forward to meeting you all in the spring!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
U2 - GT Silver Metallic
FE - Sea Blue full leather
619-Bluetooth
870-Universal audio interface
498-Delete model designation
P12-Self-Dim mirrors
P75-Bi-Xenon
220-LSD
475-PASM
419-19" Carrera SII
446-Colored wheel crest
XME-Rear center console in exterior color
XSH-Silver seat belts
EBF-Additional Interior package leather
XMP-Leather sun visors
XSC-Porsche crest in headrest
680-Bose
P01-Adaptive Sport seats
XSA-Sport seat backs in exterior color
CPU-Key pouch interior color leather
P23-PCM
XNS-Leather steering column
805-Interior design package in exterior color
CJX-Floor mats w/leather surround
XXB-Door sill SS, Iluminated
CUF-PCM in exterior color
640-Sport chrono package plus
641-Electronics log book

I think I got them all.

NICE BUILD!!!

No XCZ or 573?

I look forward to seeing it. I wanted GT silver but went with Arctic.

What dealer did you buy from?

My delivery was 5.5 weeks after completion and I got it the day after it was delivered to the dealer. 12/12/09 Delivery.

Enjoy.
DING DING DING, you get the prize BeachCroc....I owe you a beer:cheers: and a ride!
but since you already have your ride....make it a six pack! What's your poison?:beer:

No XCZ Short shifter because I am thinking I want to go with Oakleys sequential linkage...either are pretty easy aftermarket fixes.
573 Auto climate control...maybe one of my big regrets..especially the carbon filter as I have allergies....not sure why I dropped it but had to draw the line somewhere.

Dealer is Paul Miller...been terrific so far...

Wow I hope it's not 5 weeks...I think I would go crazy:eek:...wait I already am.:dance:

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I've been waiting just 12 months, yesterday, for the Oakley sequential shifter, so don't hold your breath !!!!!:(
Yeah...I heard...any idea what the hold up is?... the 911 version has been out for quite a while.

·
Premium Member
3,333 Posts
Yeah...I heard...any idea what the hold up is?... the 911 version has been out for quite a while.
Last time I spoke to Jon....(last March/April) he said that they were just sorting a cable,
.......... as the shifter and bracket at the gearbox end were sorted ????? :crazy:

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
We want to see pics of every little detail. Spectacular choices! Guaranteed to be unique.:cheers:

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We want to see pics of every little detail. Spectacular choices! Guaranteed to be unique.:cheers:

Thanks Croctor, I took advantage of the interior option packages so it that almost everything that isn't Sea Blue leather will be GT Silver. I can't wait to take pictures!

p.s Also opted out on the Sport Seat because I couldn't get a good fit...very little adjustment, plus I didn't think it would fly with the wife. There are a lot
of good race seat options out there that have good adjustablity if I decide to go that way later.

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Nice build. You have a lot of options that I would like to have on my next Porsche.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Here is mock up of interior via build your own...sorry they are so small
Note GT Silver components:...I noticed in the 90K thread the comment about leather air vents...I got them...not by design but they are part of addition leather package...so I'll take them...I don't know what all the uproar is about options in that thread...I love what Porsche offers...allows you to really BUILD a car...what could be more fun. I could care less whether someone thinks I'm crazy...when they see the car they might think otherwise. As long as the economy continues to recover I plan on putting close to 30K more into it....No I don't want a GT3 no I don't want a GTR...I know what else my money will buy....I just want a new Cayman built the way I want it...I consider myself very fortunate to finally be able to do it...after 5 years of dreaming and scheming. I am really looking forward to joining the Porsche community..one of the many big pluses to owing a Porsche...Look for me at as many NE events as I can wrangle...:cheers:

·
Registered
549 Posts
Never thought of doing blue with silver - but man, does that look nice. This is a great car - and looks to be a fun car to drive, too. GT Silver is the best color for a Porsche, period, but I've never gotten it in the two Porsche's I've ordered because of the expense. So I hate you.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Never thought of doing blue with silver - but man, does that look nice. This is a great car - and looks to be a fun car to drive, too. GT Silver is the best color for a Porsche, period, but I've never gotten it in the two Porsche's I've ordered because of the expense. So I hate you.
I know it is costly option...but you have one up me...I've never owned a Porsche before...Here was my inspiration....saw pics of this 356 with blue interior and...don't kill me for this...I've always loved how Mercedes has
used Silver with Blue leather...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts