Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have 3000K HID fog lights? I would like to see how they look with 4300K-6000K headlights, anyone have a pix?

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Some have installed HID in their fogs, a search would reveal that.

Also, check the articles, I remember there is an article about HID fog install which "may" be what you're looking for!

·
Registered
803 Posts
Don't think I have any with the headlights on but this is with 3000k fogs. They turn Hulk green while warming up....pretty crazy

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't think I have any with the headlights on but this is with 3000k fogs. They turn Hulk green while warming up....pretty crazy
Looks pretty nice! Which ones are you running? Any error codes?

I'm debating if I want to go with 3000K because it's more useful in the fog or go more for aesthics with the 6000K (to match my head lights and the small super white LED bulb for the smaller light in the fog light housing).

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Just a note, I believe the headlights are 4300K

·
Registered
803 Posts
Looks pretty nice! Which ones are you running? Any error codes?

I'm debating if I want to go with 3000K because it's more useful in the fog or go more for aesthics with the 6000K (to match my head lights and the small super white LED bulb for the smaller light in the fog light housing).
I'm running the same kit that Ed used in his article but paid less than a third of the price. No problems at all besides every once in a long while i may have to turn the fogs off then back on to have them both ignite. They work great though and that problem is very rare

·
Registered
193 Posts
... and the small super white LED bulb for the smaller light in the fog light housing).
I changed out my 2006 CS parking light bulbs with LEDs in the fog light assembly, looked nice and no error codes, however they would dimly glow even when the lights were switched off. After turning off the car, they would fade out after a minute or two.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thx guys I decided to purchase 6000K bulbs since I'm replacing the little driving below the fog lights to super white LEDs to color match as well my as my 6000K D1S headlights.

·
Registered
47 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Anybody install 100W yellow bulbs (H11) instead of 55W?

Xenon HID Yellow H11 FogLight Bulb Porsche Cayman 06 07 : eBay Motors (item 110494937575 end time Mar-16-10 20:51:17 PDT)

Wondering if 100W is safe for my 06 fog lights

Thanks
Late reply to this, but 100W will melt your assembly.
I replaced my foglight bulbs (boxster 987) last year (xenon color halogen - 12V 100W) and when one of them went out I got some replacements. Upon removing the assembly I noticed that the bulbs had literally fused themselves to the assembly. These little bulbs had melted everything and essentialyl destroyed the entire assembly on both sides - $400 replacement parts for $12 bulbs.
Keep wattage to 55W maximum.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts