Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, i just got my cayman s, with gt3 plenium, de snorkeled, uprated air/oil separator, remus exhaust, softronic remap, apparently pushing out around 340bhp? i was wondering what else i can do to get 370 or even 400 bhp? anyone have any ideas? thanks

·
Registered
621 Posts
Hi MTW. You don't say which generation/year your CS is, but, really in either case I don't think you've left any/much low-hanging-fruit on the table. Basic areas to gain significant power NA would be: compression ratio (already quite high), camshafts (expensive for these cars), displacement (engine swap and/or stroker kit). Any of these would be quite expensive - significantly more cost per hp than a turbo kit. Sorry to not have better news.

·
Administrator
34,646 Posts
My car started at 267hp at the rear wheels and is currently at 333-335 at the rear wheels, so depending upon loss % factors used that equates to somewhere between 375 and 400hp at the crank, so yes you should be able to get more than 340 at the crank.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
My car started at 267hp at the rear wheels and is currently at 333-335 at the rear wheels, so depending upon loss % factors used that equates to somewhere between 375 and 400hp at the crank, so yes you should be able to get more than 340 at the crank.
That's extremely impressive in such a small and potent package!

60 to 70whp N/A gains is impressive.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I agree - gaining ~100 hp (~33%) at the crank, without changing anything I mentioned above is impressive.

So, K-Man, what else have you done that was a significant jump that he hasn't - or would you suggest that your choices of brands/hardware/software are just a better-matched package?

·
Administrator
34,646 Posts
I agree - gaining ~100 hp (~33%) at the crank, without changing anything I mentioned above is impressive.

So, K-Man, what else have you done that was a significant jump that he hasn't - or would you suggest that your choices of brands/hardware/software are just a better-matched package?
Lightweight flywheel, under drive pulley, some engine internals, full exhaust vs. just catback, and as you pointed out different brands of mods in some cases, and since he hasn't actually dyno'd his car we don't really know what he's producing at the moment! :)

I'm fortunate to have a good combo of mods that seem to work well together and achieve good results, but others have attained numbers similar to mine with similar mods so it would be interesting to see what his car produces on the dyno.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Lightweight flywheel, under drive pulley, some engine internals, full exhaust vs. just catback, and as you pointed out different brands of mods in some cases, and since he hasn't actually dyno'd his car we don't really know what he's producing at the moment! :)

I'm fortunate to have a good combo of mods that seem to work well together and achieve good results, but others have attained numbers similar to mine with similar mods so it would be interesting to see what his car produces on the dyno.

Or ken could have saved his money and just put a turbo on it and now be making 440 at the wheels :) did you get that thing in the mail ken?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
turbo kit it is then! now who wants to buy an audi tt!? only reason i was hesitant was because i dont want to ruin that glorious sound coming from the tailpipes!!! my friend has just turbo's his golf r32 and yea its fast...but that great exhaust note is no more.

but out of pure curiosity....how does the cayman take to 911 engines? im thinking...they either drop right in....or they are mega amounts of work

·
Administrator
34,646 Posts
Or ken could have saved his money and just put a turbo on it and now be making 440 at the wheels :) did you get that thing in the mail ken?
You are assuming I need that much horsepower. :) Besides, I like my exhaust sound/flexibility, Mike really needs to work with them to create an integrated system, I'd consider that. :) :)

What item in the mail? Oh from Tischer? Yeah Thanks, just arrived!

K-man S what engine internals did you changed ? I think 333-335 in our cars are some impressive numbers !
Under NDA not to disclose but suffice it to say some stronger/perhaps lighter engine internal pieces that hopefully won't blow up. :) :)

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
911 Engines fit in ok but the gain isnt there... A 997X51 engine makes, at most 320whp. The expense is huge though. Call up Parr in the UK an ask for Lawrence, they have installed 3 of our systems and even won the coveted "Modified car of the year" from EVO magazine using our system.

Casey

·
Sexual Philanthropist
1,001 Posts
The next step for NA would be adding higher lift, longer duration cams and porting your heads to match. Get Softronic to also tune the software for a higher limiter and too get the most out of the new flow.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I'm currently embarking on the high HP bump process. I will not be going the turbo route. Period.

Without doing crazy engine work I've come up with my list that should be all checked off by the end of the summer:

1. De-snork (done)
2. EVO MS intake (done)
3. IPD 82mm race plenum
4. New throttle body (Not sure if the IPD plenum comes with one)
5. NHP catless headers
6. Agency Power Exhaust (done)
7. Dream 1 Y-pipe
8. Softronics ECU tune
9. UD pulley

I'm shooting for 370HP. Realistic? 350 is my happy benchmark.

And a quick plea for advice for next upgrade.

1. Softronics + IPD plenum/ throttle body

or

2. Softronics + Catless Headers

Can't decide, will be placing my order for option 1 or 2 next week.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm currently embarking on the high HP bump process. I will not be going the turbo route. Period.

Without doing crazy engine work I've come up with my list that should be all checked off by the end of the summer:

1. De-snork (done)
2. EVO MS intake (done)
3. IPD 82mm race plenum
4. New throttle body (Not sure if the IPD plenum comes with one)
5. NHP catless headers
6. Agency Power Exhaust (done)
7. Dream 1 Y-pipe
8. Softronics ECU tune
9. UD pulley

I'm shooting for 370HP. Realistic? 350 is my happy benchmark.
yea this is what im going to go for i think...

only thing on that list i havent got are the headers, the UD pulley, and the catless headers. think im going to go for these also.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.