Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just received a set of custom hats and 350mm rotors. GiroDisk custom made these for me. These are exact steel rotor and hat replacements for Cayman PCCB rotors.

Also allows you to convert a Cayman to 350mm front and rear rotors. But you do have to buy PCCB calipers, PCCB brake lines, PCCB Front Wheel Carrier, and PCCB master cylinder.

I did this all once before, but without the GiroDisk 350mm custom rotors and hats, I had to have some custom parts made to get this to work.

With these GrioDisk 350mm rotors..... the rears just bolt-on.
The fronts you still have to change the wheel carrier, because the PCCB caliper mount spacing is different.
While the Master Cylinder looks the same, the internal biasing is different.

Photos to follow......

Here is the complete parts list that I installed.

• GiroDisk 1 987PCCB Steel Rpl 350mm 2pc hats/rotors set of 4
  • Porsche 1 997-352-425-31 Fixed Caliper
  • Porsche 1 997-352-426-31 Fixed Caliper
  • Porsche 1 996-532-405-01 Fixed Caliper
  • Porsche 1 996-352-406-01 Fixed Caliper
  • Porsche 1 996-355-584-9B Brake Line
  • Porsche 1 996-355-581-9B Brake Line
  • Porsche 1 997-341-157-25 AS Wheel Carrier
  • Porsche 1 997-341-158-25 AS Wheel Carrier
  • Porsche 2 999-053-054-05 Angular Ball Bearing
  • Pagid 1 U2707RS29 Pagid Yellow front
  • Pagid 1 U8006RS29 Pagid Yellow Rear
  • Porsche 1 997-355-910-10 Master Cylinder
  • Porsche 1 996-341-117-91 Brake Air Spoiler FA
  • Porsche 1 996-341-118-91 Brake Air Spoiler FA
  • G-Force 1 Stainless Steek Brake Lines

·
Premium Member
3,810 Posts
Would you mind sharing with us the cost of the switch? Is Girodisk planning to produce these rotors for the market?

I'm curious how much this costs compared to getting an aftermarket big brake kit (like Motordrive's Alcon Kit) which have a little simpler installation, and what advantages you expect from your set-up.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Except for the new GiroDisk Rotors.... Everything else was installed 2 years ago, LONG before anyone had any kits. We had to machine some custom parts to make everything fit. No one had even tired this before. I asked Alan for help, and if Alcon was interested in making a Cayman PCCB replacement set in steel. I asked AP Racing the same. Never happened.

Everything that I installed was Porsche factory parts. Including 997TT front rotors and the 997GT3 rear rotors, that I installed 2 years ago. These GiroDisk Cayman PCCB replacments just have the advantage of allowing me to remove the rotor spacers that we had to machine for the rear brakes. Total cost for all parts $7000, including the GiroDisk PCCB Steel Rotors and hats.

If you are looking for simple and cheap. I would just go with the GiroDisk big Rotor kit, and stick with the orginal cayman calipers. Several people are having great success with that setup. I am just an early adopter, and a bit obsessive. I also like using Porsche parts when possible.

I am sure that GiroDisk will soon market these Steel replacments for Cayman PCCB. But it can also be used to more easily install 350mm rotors and 997GT3/CaymanPCCB calipers on any Cayman.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Well done.

Looking at less than $1200 for the fronts OR rears - much less.
Give me a shout if others are interested. The represent a HUGE value as an OEM replacement over other setups -

·
Vendor
703 Posts
Except for the new GiroDisk Rotors.... Everything else was installed 2 years ago, LONG before anyone had any kits. We had to machine some custom parts to make everything fit. No one had even tired this before. I asked Alan for help, and if Alcon was interested in making a Cayman PCCB replacement set in steel. I asked AP Racing the same. Never happened.
It's for reasons like this that we have run Girodisc since 2007. When no one else makes discs for these cars, they will. And the cost is perfect for the market. We are about to change the Caymans to 6-piston 996 GT3 Cup front brakes with 350mm rotors and have since moved the OEM 987.2 calipers and Girodisc 330mm rotors to the rear. All of our Girodisc hardware will transfer. I'm looking forward to posting photos of the finished product.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts