Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked up a set of four 350mm rotors from a 991 GTS for a song. I’ve googled around a ton, but the answer isn’t clear - can I swap these in on my stock calipers, or do I need upgraded calipers / additional spacers / longer bolts? They’ll definitely clear my wheels, I just haven’t done an exploratory rotor removal and fit yet, and I figure I can save grief by asking here.

I’m only bothering because it’s time for new rotors anyway, so I figure why not upgrade?

Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've done this swap already. The base uses a 77mm long bolt. The S uses an 85mm long bolt. You can get them from the dealership / online. Use the longer bolt and a spacer seated between the caliper and the knuckle, and that's all you need.

·
Registered
34 Posts
if you get the Tarrett stud kit it comes with the necessary spacer and is a better setup for brake pad changes going forward. Especially if you may track the car and swap pads often.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if you get the Tarrett stud kit it comes with the necessary spacer and is a better setup for brake pad changes going forward. Especially if you may track the car and swap pads often.
Oh, I didn't notice that! I actually have the stud kit, bought it a bit ago knowing I would want to upgrade the brakes when the rotors were shot, so I didn't open the package yet, but that's great news. I did notice it looked a bit bulkier than eight bolts should be.

Thanks all, this is helpful!

·
Registered
34 Posts
actually, my apologies think I misspoke, I just looked again and don't think the Tarrett kit comes with the spacers standard. My bad!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
The Girodisc rotors at 350MM come standard with the necessary spacers. Maybe try contacting them to see if you can just get the spacers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts