Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, wondering if anyone has information on when Porsche will release a 3D configurator. I would like to order my new Cayenne Hybrid but enjoyed the 3D configurator process when I ordered my 718 GTS that I would like to follow the same process. For me, the 3D configurator provided substantial more information that the 2D views. The 3D configurator based on Unity does not seem to be supported on Macs anymore, don't know about Windows. Thanks in advance.

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,105 Posts
I keep Internet Explorer 11 installed on my computer specifically for this purpose even though MS doesn't support it anymore. 3D configurator works great on it.

I'm not sure about Macs but maybe there is a legacy browser available that still supports Unity.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I had IE 11 installed on two computer but the configurator only worked on one - re-installing on the other used to fix it but even that stopped working. Now 3D isn't even an option on the configurator - not sure when it went away. Hopefully Porsche comes up with something new soon to put that feature back in place.

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,105 Posts
It went away about 10 days ago. IE11 wont work now.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
From the evidence that there have been recent changes it is obvious that Porsche is working on the configurator. If they have to temporarily abandon the 3D variant because of the rewrite it probably needs, I hope they at least fix the 2D configurator in places where it does not reflect some options properly.

Also, I wonder when we will finally see the 718 Boxster & Cayman T in the USA configurator?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
162 Posts
It's back - it's still the Unity plug-in though. They did move the option to turn it on from beneath the left side of the car graphic to the lower right of the graphic itself. Also, for me, I had it working on one PC but not the other (same OS, same IE 11) I found out that the PC it wasn't working on that the Unity plugin wasn't doing a full install for some reason (it was missing a couple of directories) I just copied the Unity directory from the working PC to the non-working and now it works on both.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts