Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone knows a place to 3D print the number 7 in SoCal or anywhere ? because I have the 8 and the 9 already and would love to get a 7 !!
Thanks a bunch
968CS.JPG

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Or you could just go with "968 CS" and see if anyone notices! :hilarious:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Or you could just go with "968 CS" and see if anyone notices! :hilarious:
Back in the early 90s.. I was in grad school .. that used to be one of my favorite cars. Someone in my school had a red convertible. Imagine a V8 Turbo !!
Few years later I graduated and bought my other big crush, a Twin Turbo Z car which was a car one decade ahead of its time in technology.

porsche_968_92_4.jpg

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Beautiful car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
139 Posts
Look online for prototype shops that offer "SLA" printing. They can print 3D with a composite material. It may be pricey and a DXF format drawing is required.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone knows a place to 3D print the number 7 in SoCal or anywhere ? because I have the 8 and the 9 already and would love to get a 7 !!
Thanks a bunch
View attachment 44843
I found a guy in Canada that did all 3 letters for around $190, chromed. Unchromed, it would be a bit less I think. Don't know if he'll do single numbers.

Attachments

·
Registered
685 Posts
A bit of a hijack of serrym's thread, but would anybody be interested in a "987S" logo that is 3D printed? Unfinished plastic for ~$60US. I'm trying to make one for me, and if it works out, I'd share. I'm also working on a "2.7" for us non-S owners.

·
Registered
343 Posts
A bit of a hijack of serrym's thread, but would anybody be interested in a "987S" logo that is 3D printed? Unfinished plastic for ~$60US. I'm trying to make one for me, and if it works out, I'd share. I'm also working on a "2.7" for us non-S owners.
Im in for the "987 S" for $60 :)

PM me when you're ready

·
Registered
685 Posts
Here's where I am....
In the pix the 986 is an actual Porsche logo.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Should have mentioned the numbers are down to about $6 each in black plastic.

·
Porsche Prophet
942 Posts
There is a guy in Canada that can make you the exact numbers that you are looking for...his name is Tom and is a really nice guy to deal with...if my memory serves me well, they cost around $185 with shipping (but that was for 5 numbers/letters)...I primed them a few times prior to putting them on - but you can paint them to the body color, silver, etc...they come with double sided tape already made for the numbers so installation is a breeze...

Welcome to Think3D.biz

If you go down to the fourth car on the left (Grey Cayman) click on it and you will see my car...

Customers' Cars

Here are a few additional pictures of the car when I first installed them...you can take off the original badges with a hair dryer and some fishing wire...they come off easier than you think......I measured in case I ever want to put back the original name back on (last picture)...which I did...
image.jpg image.jpg

·
Registered
685 Posts
Do you have pics of the finished product?
I thought I replied to this but it seems to have disappeared.
I'm making a set of these for myself, and I'm sharing them with the community. I'll post pix once I'm happy with them and have them on the car. If you mean finished, as in a commercially available ready to use product, then no, I'm not planning such a thing. The 987 and 27 are nearly good enough for me. I want to fix the S, and create a 3, and need to figure out what to do about a '.'

·
Registered
537 Posts
Has any other supplier been identified who can sell a 987 emblem? From the photo, it seems the Canadian place mentioned in an earlier post sells a 987 emblem, but it appears to be attached to some surround material... the numbers are not freestanding.

I'd like to find a separate 9, 8, and 7 in the Porsche font that's the same size and color/finish as the matte black P O R S C H E emblem sold on Suncoast.

UPDATE: I've been having an email conversation with the Canadian supplier. I stand corrected: the numbers are freestanding and are available in satin black and chrome.

·
Registered
1 Posts
so is it okey now? do u have suggestion for me, who wants to buy a new 3D printer?:oops:i will be really gratefulfor it!Dude, I am so glad that u have experience and u can work with a 3D printer. For me it was just impossible, I couldn't work with it normally. Moreover, my old usual printer has broken and I needed to invest my money not in cartridges for a 3D printer, but in buying a new printer. I found this site mrdepot.ca where is offered a bunch of quality office supplies at a smart price. I liked their site for its simplify. Just take a quick look on this site, maybe u will find smth interesting for u!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts