Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,088 Posts
Your dealer will likely be happy to give you a complimentary inspection. They want to find anything they can to fix under warranty. I did it with my 981 that just went over its factory warranty.

I'd give them a call and schedule it.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Yes. I'm out of warranty and have similar squeaking. It's driving me bonkers! I have read here that it may be the fuel tank rubbing against something. I just groan and bear it!

·
Registered
311 Posts
There is a TSB to fix the fuel tank issue - I think I am hearing it when I take a right turn out of a parking lot with a large dip so I am going to have the dealer check it out.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Just had my gas tank fix done under warranty last week. No noise now. One day job. Its the pads that they put in-between the tank and the bulkhead that rub. It gets worse if you fill the tank up all the way and starts to get better when you start to get near empty. Also it will make the noise with the engine off while its doing an evap / purge cycle as the car cools down.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Yes, take it for one last checkup before warranty expires. It's complimentary at my dealership, you never know what they might be able to find to fix.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just had my gas tank fix done under warranty last week. No noise now. One day job. Its the pads that they put in-between the tank and the bulkhead that rub. It gets worse if you fill the tank up all the way and starts to get better when you start to get near empty. Also it will make the noise with the engine off while its doing an evap / purge cycle as the car cools down.
Thanks, going to show this to the tech

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Your dealer will likely be happy to give you a complimentary inspection. They want to find anything they can to fix under warranty. I did it with my 981 that just went over its factory warranty.

I'd give them a call and schedule it.
This was great advice. I took my car in last week for the squeaky noise under the dash and the peeling of the door cards. My dealer said he will have his guys take it for a test drive to see if they hear the squeaking. Of course they didn't hear anything but they replaced it anyway which was awesome. They also replaced BOTH door cards and a few other items. All in all it was$8328 in work done. My bill....$58

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
This was great advice. I took my car in last week for the squeaky noise under the dash and the peeling of the door cards. My dealer said he will have his guys take it for a test drive to see if they hear the squeaking. Of course they didn't hear anything but they replaced it anyway which was awesome. They also replaced BOTH door cards and a few other items. All in all it was$8328 in work done. My bill....$58

What is the $58 dollar for if this was all covered under warranty?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I may have missed this in another thread, but help me understand the "door card" peeling please?
The material along the top of the door (where the door card meets the window) started peeling up. I thought they would just replace that section but they actually swapped out both full door cards.

I imagine if they were the leather door cards they would have only addressed that area.

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
The material along the top of the door (where the door card meets the window) started peeling up. I thought they would just replace that section but they actually swapped out both full door cards.

I imagine if they were the leather door cards they would have only addressed that area.

Wow, you really did make out well on that trip to the dealer! ;)

·
Registered
737 Posts
I'll probably let my dealer do my first oil change (first to me anyways) and ask them to give it a good look over since I just got it 6 months ago.

Do they normally do that sort of thing? I've got 1.5years of warranty left.

Matt

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
I'll probably let my dealer do my first oil change (first to me anyways) and ask them to give it a good look over since I just got it 6 months ago.

Do they normally do that sort of thing? I've got 1.5years of warranty left.

Matt
Every dealership is different, mine gives out your first free oil/filter change, multiple point inspection are always free, they give a free inspection once every quarter. A month before my warranty expires, they called me in for an inspection.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.