Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Found this 3months old Cayman S sport(Tip, orange color) with less than 1000miles of mileage selling for about 280,000

This is one of the 700units of limited edition (i am sure u guys know that), so it is fully specs with sports chorno, 19", sport seats, sport exhaust etc etc which comes as standard.

A brand new 2.9 Cayman with PDK, sports chono, 18", PASM and xenon also comes up to about 280,000. If I were to add other options like sport exhaust, sport seats and abit more, we would be at the 300,000 mark.

should i go for the limited edition orange Cayman S TIP or book a new Cayman PDK?

Which transmission is more reliable TIP or PDK? I am not concern about 0-100 timing.

Thanks in advance for all advices and opinions

p/s I do not mod my cars

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
If the CS was a manual it would be more difficult to decide on, but as it's a tiptronic there is no decision to be made go with the 2.9 PDK!

Not only that but you get all new improved goodies, however with the options, limited edition and colour of the older car I cna see why you are stuck.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Unless you love every aspect of the Sport, get the New Cayman, it has great options which make it a far better car then the Sport in areas area except curb appeal.

·
Premium Member
3,492 Posts
Unless you love every aspect of the Sport, get the New Cayman, it has great options which make it a far better car then the Sport in areas area except curb appeal.

I agree with everyone here. Tiptronic saps the life out of the CS Sport. PDK breathes life into the 2.9. Get Sport Chrono Plus on the PDK car.

·
Premium Member
3,492 Posts
Hi

Found this 3months old Cayman S sport(Tip, orange color) with less than 1000miles of mileage selling for about 280,000

This is one of the 700units of limited edition (i am sure u guys know that), so it is fully specs with sports chorno, 19", sport seats, sport exhaust etc etc which comes as standard.

A brand new 2.9 Cayman with PDK, sports chono, 18", PASM and xenon also comes up to about 280,000. If I were to add other options like sport exhaust, sport seats and abit more, we would be at the 300,000 mark.

should i go for the limited edition orange Cayman S TIP or book a new Cayman PDK?

Which transmission is more reliable TIP or PDK? I am not concern about 0-100 timing.

Thanks in advance for all advices and opinions

p/s I do not mod my cars
Here's some more: You don't need to buy sport seats. The standard seats are supportive and comfy and easier to get in and out of in this low car. Also, power seats restrict the height and forward/aft adjustment range by 1" in both directions. Standard seats rock. Get white and you don't have to pay any extra for paint. It's a great color.

PDK is more reliable than any other transmission. It also is faster than a manual and much faster than Tip. It's also the best dual-clutch transmission out there, including Audi, and Audi invented it.

Now, if you come to your senses and get a new PDK car, you must also get Sport Chrono Plus to get the full benefit of PDK. (Lightning shifts and all that).

So bag the sport seats, the fancy paint, the full leather, the power seat option and instead get PDK with Sport Chrono Plus. I can live without 19" wheels, especially with the great new 18" wheels that come with the Gen II Caymans. 18" tires are cheaper and you get a much better selection.

I would definitely not get the Cayman Sport with Tip. You will have a very hard time reselling that car. No one is looking for a sport model with Tiptronic transmission except maybe a supermodel or fashion industry executive...slim pickings for buyers.

Whereas a base GenII Cayman with PDK is the perfect commuter sports car, so big audience there for resale.

Seriously, get the new car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts