Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Any one know a good 3rd party shop in Memphis TN area that can do 4 wheels alignment ?
I research on this forum and seems to me that $350 is reasonable price, checked with dealer in Memphis.. they will charge $550 + tax.
I feel it's too high. Hence, looking for 3rd party service.

Also, here is why I think I need 4 wheel alignment.

I just picked up a 2013. 981 boxster S about 2 months ago. It was 15,000 miles when I picked it up. Generally speaking, Rear tires had about 20% tread left, it's look as if the car has negative camber... its low tread on outer side, almost bald. ( the whole set is P-Zero )

I drove 500 miles back home, everything fine, although low tread on rear tires, no fuss... and I love precise handling feel...

Change rear tires at 15,700... same P-zero. Right there... I can feel sway and " not precise " feel from the front wheels. It's seems obvious at straight line high speed or when I step hard on gas... reading manual, it stated that is expected with new tire, especially when only rear tires are changed... its states further that symptom will improve after 200-300 miles.

I took car on trip, drive carefully and test that symptom from time to time... just back from the trip.. at 17,000 mile . Its seems improved, compare to day 1 after installl new tires, but it definitely still there... any thoughts/ advice on this would be highly appreciated.

Thank you

·
Registered
121 Posts
My Huntsville dealer performed a four wheel alignment two years ago for $240. P-zeros just wear that way. I went through two sets of rears in 20k miles. I changed to Michelin SS 4S hoping to get better wear and to not hear the annoying sounds while parking. If you belong to PCA, I would ask local members for a local recommendation for a non-dealer alignment shop recommendation.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My Huntsville dealer performed a four wheel alignment two years ago for $240. P-zeros just wear that way. I went through two sets of rears in 20k miles. I changed to Michelin SS 4S hoping to get better wear and to not hear the annoying sounds while parking. If you belong to PCA, I would ask local members for a local recommendation for a non-dealer alignment shop recommendation.

Mike G. Thank you very much !! Good head up on that...

I called Porsche Huntsville, $249+tax
Porsche Nashville, $299+tax.
Porsche of Jackson MS. $179 + Tax

Memphis Dealer price really off.

Jackson is 2 hrs from my home, Memphis is 1 Hr. so, Jackson can be a good candidate.

My next set will be Michelin for sure, heard a lot of good comments... I was on the edge as the fronts are still in good shape, so I decided to match with front P Zeros for this round...

Thanks again.

PS, 3rd party search still goes on... I just applied for PCA and POC moment ago.

·
Boxster Enthusiast
1,741 Posts
There are a couple good independents here in Birmingham, not sure how close it is for you. Eurasian in downtown Birmingham would be closer to you than Momentum on the south side of town. I doubt you will get any better pricing than the Jackson Dealer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you DMN987. I made appointment with Jackson,MS dealer next Thursday. I'll post some update / review after that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts