Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can i fit a 4 point harness to my standard seats, Only for odd track day dont really want to cut to much trim any help pls,(my cars a cayman) Mnay thanks

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,645 Posts
Don't do it the stock seat belts are much safer. Use a CG lock or go for a 5-6 point set up. Most tracks here in the US don't allow 4 points any more

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I have a cg lock, Just like the idea of a 4 point as i am giving my car the rs look as well as using it for the track days. so would like to try and fit one if possible. If you guys over there use 5 points how do you fit them i take it it must be similier, Thanks for info though any more thoughts, Cheers Tim.

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,645 Posts
Any harness with dual shoulder belts needs a seat with slots cut. Some shops can do this for you. I you want a safe setup the seats must be replaced with ones that are designed for dual shoulder belts either Porsche or aftermarket

·
Premium Member
3,810 Posts
There are 2 problems with your proposed set-up: first, without slots for the shoulder harnesses, the shoulder belts can be dislodged, or slip off your shoulders in a crash. Second, without a sub-belt, you can't effectively tighten the shoulder belts anyway, without causing the lap belt to ride up above your pelvis (which is not good).

I agree with those above that either a CG Lock with the stock belts and seats, or some seats with the appropriate slots for 5/6-point harnesses would be safer. You might want to check with member Tess Tickle at Motordrive.com to see what he has to offer in the way of aftermarket seats.

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
In many regions it's illegal to use 5-6 point belts without a race seat. The factory belts are safer with stock seats than multi-point belts.

Take look at the HMS Motorsport they have video's on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts