Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

Just reporting in after two plus years of ownership and over 55,000 total miles logged in two differnet Cayman Ss and I have to say: "PERFECT!" I have two artificial hips and two ruptured discs (surgically repaired)...and I use this car every day for work, pleasure, carpool, travel, DEs Track Instruction, you name it...and it works! Perfectly nonetheless. I am celebrating my approach of 40,000 miles on my second one (first one (Carrara White) was wrecked by rear end collision)....will hit 40K in December.

I have made a few mods that I reccomend to all;

GT2 Seats
PSS9s
Rennsport Pedals
Factory Short Shifter
Schroth 6 Points
H&R Sway Bars
Mantis Oil Pan/Sump Extension
Mantis Stress Bar
Pagid Yellows (squeeky though)
Factory wheel spacers
Volk 18"
GT3 Control arms and strut tops

and that is about it....I know its sounds like a lot but the car is simply amazing and very usable with this setup. I did have Bilstein re-valve the soft setting on the PSS9s to be softer than the factory non PASM feel and it made the car very livable even with 19"s and over all, more compliant. (I use the hardest setting for the front on the track and medium in the rear)

Just wanted to brag about my Porsche and the CAYMAN S experience for a moment - hope you dont mind my chiming in here...but I am just so dang happy with my car every day....the slick shift and the smooth engine...all of the curves ( the body and the road ) are amazing and sublime.

Cheers to the new digs at Planet 9 looking good K-ManS!!!

Untill next time....

2007 Arctic Silver/Black Cayman S

"ZEITGEIST"

·
Premium Member
3,495 Posts
All,

Just reporting in after two plus years of ownership and over 55,000 total miles logged in two differnet Cayman Ss and I have to say: "PERFECT!" I have two artificial hips and two ruptured discs (surgically repaired)...and I use this car every day for work, pleasure, carpool, travel, DEs Track Instruction, you name it...and it works! Perfectly nonetheless. I am celebrating my approach of 40,000 miles on my second one (first one (Carrara White) was wrecked by rear end collision)....will hit 40K in December.

I have made a few mods that I reccomend to all;

GT2 Seats
PSS9s
Rennsport Pedals
Factory Short Shifter
Schroth 6 Points
H&R Sway Bars
Mantis Oil Pan/Sump Extension
Mantis Stress Bar
Pagid Yellows (squeeky though)
Factory wheel spacers
Volk 18"
GT3 Control arms and strut tops

and that is about it....I know its sounds like a lot but the car is simply amazing and very usable with this setup. I did have Bilstein re-valve the soft setting on the PSS9s to be softer than the factory non PASM feel and it made the car very livable even with 19"s and over all, more compliant. (I use the hardest setting for the front on the track and medium in the rear)

Just wanted to brag about my Porsche and the CAYMAN S experience for a moment - hope you dont mind my chiming in here...but I am just so dang happy with my car every day....the slick shift and the smooth engine...all of the curves ( the body and the road ) are amazing and sublime.

Cheers to the new digs at Planet 9 looking good K-ManS!!!

Untill next time....

2007 Arctic Silver/Black Cayman S

"ZEITGEIST"
Zeit:

Cool post! I have a silver/black '06 and feel much the same about mine. I don't think GT2 seats or suspension mods would go over well with the little woman so I'm putting up with the Sport setting on the normal suspension for a while and living without harnesses. I have a pair of CG locks on the stock belts. They keep you in your seat pretty well. Most of my track use is 8 tenths or less with students in the car. It's pretty nice not to have to deal with harnesses with them getting in and out so much. I use an open face kevlar helmet. Best for the neck if you don't use a Hans, I think.

It's very interesting that you have Damptronic and were able to get the soft setting made a little softer. We have a lot of bad streets around here. My car also came with 19" wheels and I certainly don't want my street setup to be any stiffer. I don't think I'd be interested in lowering mine more than another half an inch.

North Carolina is heaven for sports cars and motorcycles. Chicago definitely is not, but we have a nice selection of tracks nearby and it's not far to SW Wisconsin.

Enjoy!!! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
I'm only at 2,970 miles. I hope I feel the same way as you at 40,000. At the rate I'm going, I'm sure I will!

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh yea....almost fogot the best mod:

a Quaife limited slip differential....ok ok Automatic Torque Biasing diff!

Z

1 - 6 of 6 Posts