Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Our stock front offset is 57. So why is it that most aftermarket front wheels made for Porsche are 45 offset. When I put this into the Offset Calculator for an 8" wheel it shows that the wheel is pushed out 12MM more. That seems like a lot to me so I am not sure why almost all aftermarket front wheels have this offset...is this for the 997 or am I thinking of this wrong?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From what I have read about people talk about 5 - 8 MM being the most to space out a stock front wheel. So if the aftermarkets are 12MM it seems they would be stick out way too far. That is why I am confused by it. Most aftermarkets seem to be standardized on 45MM Offset in the front....but stock is 57MM. So does anybody know why?

·
Premium Member
3,810 Posts
It may just be a matter of which aftermarket wheels you are looking at. TireRack shows 30 sets of aftermarket wheels for the Cayman, and the fronts alll have offsets in the mid-50s range. Wheel Enhancement also sells a lot of aftermarket wheels with the appropriate offsets. By the way I believe the stock offset on the 997 is about 55 on the fronts also.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looking specifically at Victor Equipment Wheels which I understand are only made for Porsche...also looked at a lot of wheels on the Wheel Dynamics site. Also looking at Forgiato, Miro, EXE etc. Most of these have mid 40 front offsets as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts