Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
racing a 470HP Cayman vs 1575HP boat

(don't think this has been posted before, my apologies if a re-post)

check out the video at the below link, apparently originally aired by german cable broadcaster RTL - a ridiculous comparison but with fun images with in it

(you might want to pause streaming so it loads up a bit, then skip the **** at 1:00-1:45, check out @ 1:45, 3:05 & 5:45 or more if you have the time)

promotes the cayman bi-turbo from
http://www.t-t-p.de/

stated specs are 470HP, top speed 324km/h, 4.1 sec 0-100km/h.

enjoy!

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Doesn't one of our members in Greece have this kit and they have had problems with it? Didn't he blow a motor? :)
don't know. was unaware of the TTP twin turbo kit even existing until i noticed our member from greece asking about TPC's performance figures in another recent post.

it looks like TTP has had their kit available since '06. it is weird that there aren't more members here with one. the kit image is certainly nice - looks like a full custom intake plenum, and a nice airbox; twin turbo.

they don't list pricing but i'd be willing to bet it's at least twice the money. maybe that's one reason we don't hear more about this.

i'm certainly happy with my tpc kit. mike just gave me a new ecu flash and it seems the throttle response is improved.

·
Caymaniac
5,655 Posts
Once the Cayman was in water high enough to ingest through the side vents, the race was over. They should have known better.

·
Registered
973 Posts
don't know. was unaware of the TTP twin turbo kit even existing until i noticed our member from greece asking about TPC's performance figures in another recent post.

it looks like TTP has had their kit available since '06. it is weird that there aren't more members here with one. the kit image is certainly nice - looks like a full custom intake plenum, and a nice airbox; twin turbo.

they don't list pricing but i'd be willing to bet it's at least twice the money. maybe that's one reason we don't hear more about this.

i'm certainly happy with my tpc kit. mike just gave me a new ecu flash and it seems the throttle response is improved.
nice engine ;)

hard to follow that video but now i want wheels with a lip..

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
The member from Greece and I went back and forth regarding the TTP kit as i wasnt very familiar. Apparently the conversion is almost 3x as much as ours... From what I remember.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts