Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is my weekly routine at my local car wash.
Cost 65 South Africa rands. About 5.30 usd

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427613367.425054.jpg

Wheel clean

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427613600.190349.jpg

Spray rinse

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427613432.606808.jpg

Foam spray

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427613454.667375.jpg

Hand wash

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427613484.482081.jpg

Second foam spray

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427613639.711597.jpg

Final rinse

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427613657.471884.jpg

Wipe with microfiber

Also interior cleaned but no pics

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Even at that price I choose to wash my BGTS myself.
Thats a bargain. Just cost me $14 to do a "quick" wash at the best coin-op in my neck of the woods. Unfortunately, washing your car in your driveway or garage - or even on the street - is illegal here. I've never had a fine, but the bylaw dudes rolled up and gave me a warning a couple of years ago after a neighbour ratted me out.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Thats a bargain. Just cost me $14 to do a "quick" wash at the best coin-op in my neck of the woods. Unfortunately, washing your car in your driveway or garage - or even on the street - is illegal here. I've never had a fine, but the bylaw dudes rolled up and gave me a warning a couple of years ago after a neighbour ratted me out.
You should really take a look at this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ32CqvgtMA

It will save you some money at the coin-op. Just bring your own water and the only time you need to put coins is to rinse the car and rinse off.

·
Premium Member
2,618 Posts
Hi Gcurnew

Just curious but why is it illegal in your area of CA at least as to NO car washing - shortage of water or corrupt need to keep the "coin ops" in business?

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Even at that price I choose to wash my BGTS myself.
Same here, they probably used the same dirty microfiber cloth they used for all the other cars. When they drop the cloth, they probably reuse it. It's a bargain though for a hand washed. I would take my SUV and minivans there but not my Porsches.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Same here, they probably used the same dirty microfiber cloth they used for all the other cars. When they drop the cloth, they probably reuse it. It's a bargain though for a hand washed. I would take my SUV and minivans there but not my Porsches.
Aah. But I take my own cloths...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts