Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have our last autocross of the season tomorrow. Just a fun event not worth points. I run Michelin PSS on the street and BFG Rivals for autocross. I was planning on running the PSS because it was likely going to be pretty cold but now the weather is calling for 55 degrees and warming up to 60.

Would you run the Rivals or the PSS in 55 degree weather?

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
If it was for points I would use the Rivals. They should still have better traction (do a burn out to heat your rears just before you go out).
If just for fun, leave the PSS's on as they are not that much less and just have fun. Maybe run lower pressure than you normally do...

·
Registered
851 Posts
I don't know how they compare to PSS, but Rivals did pretty well for us last year when we had a cold autocross it was about 45° when we ran.

Another thing I learnt was that you can help a tire heat up by underinflating it.

What car do you have? I found our Cayman at least had a handy Front tire warmer feature?.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Weather this AM was calling for 65 so I swapped the PSS tires / wheels for my Rivals / OZ Alleggerita wheels. Glad I did because today was a great day and I set FTD, and broke it and kept FTD all day. Then on the fun runs dropped another .8 seconds off of my FTD.

Great weather and great day. It ended up getting to 72! Not bad for late November in Indiana.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts