Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... I bumped into this forum and a few days later I submitted my order.

Today I visited my new Cayman at the dealer and will be picking it up tomorrow afternoon.

The pics are very crappy because the lighting at the dealer sucked. But i'll be uploading a complete batch done with decent lighting and background :)

Although this is my first post, I depended on this forum to get me through the painful 6 months waiting. I thank you ALL!

:thanks:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here you go ...

Specs/Extras:

- Base Model (2.9L)
- Aqua Blue Exterior
- Beige Full Leather Interior
- Standard Seats
- Sports Chrono Plus
- PCM 3.0
- Manual Shift (old school baby!)
- Limited Slip Dif.
- Bi-Xenon
- PASM (mmm confy)
- 18" Cayman II wheels
- Park Assist
- Automatic AC
- Alarm

There's some irony in that the full price is essentially the same as in the Cayman S without any extras. But I guess the day-to-day usage this car is intended for doesn't really warrant the 55 extra hp (and the extra 15k€) .

Funny thing about the color combination. One of the salesman (old timer) came up to me and said: "I absolutely hated this color, and to me it looks absolutely horrible in every single Porsche model ... except in the Cayman where it's absolutely brilliant. I guess that's why Porsche chose to present the revised 2009 version in this same combination to the dealerships."

He added that in the 24 hours that the car had been in display 2 people had come in and offered to buy it as is. :)

·
Porscheholic
724 Posts
Portugal is on my list of countries to visit in the next 5 years. Probably some great driving roads in that country. Which part do you live in? Next year will be Bordeaux and Berlin so maybe 2012. Congratulations!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dude, Portugal is THE place to drive a good sports car. Lots of twisty roads, in different conditions with different lighting ... just the best.

I travel to Florida 2 weeks each year and I just can't understand how you guys take any pleasure in driving.

Portugal has a ton of different terrains in a very small and concentrated area.
Good solid highways, lots of mountain roads, some of them with very little traffic and in great conditions.

My suggestions:

N6/N9 (Seaside road): Av. da Índia/N6 to Estr. Nacional 247/N247 - Google Maps

N4 (Country road): IC32 to N4 - Google Maps

A8 (Highway) A8 to A8 - Google Maps

Regards.

·
Porscheholic
724 Posts
Dude, Portugal is THE place to drive a good sports car. Lots of twisty roads, in different conditions with different lighting ... just the best.

I travel to Florida 2 weeks each year and I just can't understand how you guys take any pleasure in driving.

Portugal has a ton of different terrains in a very small and concentrated area.
Good solid highways, lots of mountain roads, some of them with very little traffic and in great conditions.

My suggestions:

N6/N9 (Seaside road): Av. da Índia/N6 to Estr. Nacional 247/N247 - Google Maps

N4 (Country road): IC32 to N4 - Google Maps

A8 (Highway) A8 to A8 - Google Maps

Regards.
Thanks for the Portugal road tips. USA is so big and most of us live in cities which really is a killjoy for driving with all the speed limits and congestion. City freeways and roads are really not in good condition for Sports Car driving either.

There are (if one makes the effort) lots of undiscovered country or highways out there that does make it worthwhile. To me the biggest issue is people lingering in the left lane no matter were I drive. But to find that one strip of twisting curvy road with minimal traffic has been my mission since owning a Porsche. I have found a few that I find myself alone except for a few motorcycle enthusiasts. We share grins and respectful waves while driving that road.

That said, after having driven Germany's Autobahn with the discipline of left lane is for passing only, I am completely spoiled.

Enjoy your drives in Portugal.

·
Porscheholic
724 Posts
It is the whole package: mid engine, well balanced, stiff chasis, responsive engine, good tranny, nice brakes, good size cockpit, two trunks, and Porsche engineered.

I think on regular streets, I barely push it 5/10 and really feel bad because the car just says - give me more.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Congratulations! Last week bought my Aqua Blue Cayman and love it. Only options are Cayman II wheels and Xenons. Everything else just the basic Cayman. Standard black interior. I have had a Boxster and 997 prior, and the Cayman is much more fun.

·
Premium Member
3,554 Posts
OP. Thanks for posting pics. Makes me more confident with my color choice.

Congratulations! Last week bought my Aqua Blue Cayman and love it. Only options are Cayman II wheels and Xenons. Everything else just the basic Cayman. Standard black interior. I have had a Boxster and 997 prior, and the Cayman is much more fun.
georgie54... please post photos of your car.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.