Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put my custom build order in at the end of June, and I finally have the keys! Options:

• LSD
  • 6-speed (I love PDK, but a stick is too much fun)
  • Sport short shifter
  • Sport Chrono
  • Bi-xenon headlights
  • Bose audio
  • Heated/AC seats (luxury!)
  • Bluetooth and iPod connections

I've actually had it about a week and I'm in love. I'm another ex-S2000 owner, and the Cayman is exactly what I had hoped it would be: all the nimble lightness of the S2000, but with the bar raised on everything else. I'm amazed at the high level of refinement this car delivers while not damping the effects of a deep well of raw performance. Awesome.

This was one of those "purchases of a lifetime" things for me, and I am not disappointed. Thanks to everybody here who helped me reach this decision and for giving me something to read for over 7 grueling months...

I've uploaded some pictures to the gallery as well as my website:
hine.org - photography etc.

A few highlights:

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Congrats! Another Meteor Gray, we're taking over! I noticed you signed up here in Sept. of 2006. Over 3 years before jumping on.

I think you beat my record, I signed up here in Aug. of 2005 and took delivery in Nov. of 2007.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Love the color! My 2010 MGM is somewhere between Halifax and Vancouver Canada. Placed my order in Oct,2009. Very similar to your car but I also added 19's and PASM, and lots of interior bling. Enjoy your dream, you're now living it.:cheers:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Congratulations!

Great photographs too.

Do you have a sense why it took 7 months to deliver? Did you make changes to your order after it entered by the delear?

Enjoy the ride...

·
Hurricane Region PCA Historian
929 Posts
Beautiful - and a great spec on it as well.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats! Another Meteor Gray, we're taking over! I noticed you signed up here in Sept. of 2006. Over 3 years before jumping on.

I think you beat my record, I signed up here in Aug. of 2005 and took delivery in Nov. of 2007.
Yeah, and I'd been lurking here for about 6 months before that. I've been totally fixated on the Cayman since it was announced, and I signed up here shortly after taking my first test drive 3 years ago... after that, it was a matter of when and how, not if. :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you have a sense why it took 7 months to deliver? Did you make changes to your order after it entered by the delear?
I made a couple of small changes at the last minute (literally a couple hours before the order "locked"), but that didn't impact the delivery time. When I ordered it, the dealer thought I was looking at an October delivery, but Porsche kept reducing allocations and pushing back build dates again and again. Apparently I got the last custom build slot at my dealer until about March. Caymans are just simply in short supply right now for whatever reason...

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Love the color! My 2010 MGM is somewhere between Halifax and Vancouver Canada. Placed my order in Oct,2009. Very similar to your car but I also added 19's and PASM, and lots of interior bling. Enjoy your dream, you're now living it.:cheers:
You're almost there, the wait will be worth it I promise!

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Congrats. Love the color.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Light in 1st photo does a great job with the car's color. Your 6-speed is just fine. Drive the dog out of it... :cheers:

·
Registered
882 Posts
Welcome. May I suggest two things. First really study the owner's manual, lots of nifty features to be discovered therein. Second, when the weather improves, take a mini-vacation with it. When you return you will be smitten. I was and still am. Come on Spring!!. Drive smart. Ed

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Congrats! you sure got the right options.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
I put my custom build order in at the end of June, and I finally have the keys! Options:

• LSD
  • 6-speed (I love PDK, but a stick is too much fun)
  • Sport short shifter
  • Sport Chrono
  • Bi-xenon headlights
  • Bose audio
  • Heated/AC seats (luxury!)
  • Bluetooth and iPod connections

I've actually had it about a week and I'm in love. I'm another ex-S2000 owner, and the Cayman is exactly what I had hoped it would be: all the nimble lightness of the S2000, but with the bar raised on everything else. I'm amazed at the high level of refinement this car delivers while not damping the effects of a deep well of raw performance. Awesome.

This was one of those "purchases of a lifetime" things for me, and I am not disappointed. Thanks to everybody here who helped me reach this decision and for giving me something to read for over 7 grueling months...

I've uploaded some pictures to the gallery as well as my website:
hine.org - photography etc.

A few highlights:

Congrats, great color and options. Enjoy!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts