Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Actually this is what he wrote:

I guess your are due for the four year maintenance. I would recommend the 20,000 mile service, which includes and oil, oil filter and pollen filter with a major safety check and fault data check. (est. $475.00)
I would also recommend a brake fluid flush est cost $225.00.

I've done some search on the site and looks like the lowest cost quoted by a Porsche mechanic was around $250 for the oil, oil/pollen filter change.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Actually this is what he wrote:

I guess your are due for the four year maintenance. I would recommend the 20,000 mile service, which includes and oil, oil filter and pollen filter with a major safety check and fault data check. (est. $475.00)
I would also recommend a brake fluid flush est cost $225.00.

I've done some search on the site and looks like the lowest cost quoted by a Porsche mechanic was around $250 for the oil, oil/pollen filter change.
I just took my 2006 Boxster S in for its four-year maintenance. But before taking it in, I did several of the required maintenance items myself, namely, (i) I purchased an activated charcoal pollen filter for $20.50 and installed it myself using an article posted on this forum, (ii) I replaced the stock air filter with the EVOMS V-flow last summer, again with the help of an article on the forum, and (iii) I purchased eight quarts of Mobil-1 0W-40 ($40), an OEM oil filter ($10.44), and six OEM plugs ($40.38).

I had my trusty Mazda mechanic (and Boxster owner) install the items in (iii) for $144. Then I took it to the Porsche dealership to flush the brakes ($185) and do the whole host of inspections required by the four year maintenance ($110). The total cost, not including tax, was $550.32 for all of these required services.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Right, so could somebody who actually works at a Porsche dealership explain the pricing. I have yet to see a service price in American dollars that doesn't appear as though it is in Japanese Yen. I am also curious how many of you do things like negotiate on price.

·
Registered
537 Posts
The parts add up - list price on an engine air filter is over $60, a cabin air filter is $45, and so on.

9 quarts of Mobil 1 0W-40 is going to be a minimum of $63 or so.

Then add the dealership's book labor rates, which are $125/hour at most dealers.

You can see where parts and labor add up very quickly.

I'm going to have my two year service today, and even with my own oil and filter it's going to be just about $500 thanks to the brake fluid flush.

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
Momentum just did our 2yr. maintenance and it was 195 for the oil and 90 for the brake flush. I used my PCA for a 10% dicount on both my CS and my wifes Boxster. Sounds like you are getting hosed dude. We have 1 more yr fact. warranty but even on the exstended I commited to them since we can extend the warranties up to 8yrs. total.
Some I do myself but you gotta throw them a bone every once in a while. Go on line and see if they are running any specials and print out the coupon helps a little. You might even try another dealership they are differant you want to think the best but reality strikes. Oil/Brake fluid on both got out the door for under 300 I don't know what pricing book they are looking at and Porsche has one. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
When I recently took my 2006 CS in for service, I was shown a menu of options ranging from the "Basic Annual" oil change with minimal inspection (pretty much what you would get at a Jiffy Lube) for about $230, ranging up to about $1200 including new intake and cabin filters (did myself), brake flush (did myself), thorough inspection including PIWIS scan and road test. Of course, they do throw in a free car wash with that . . . :rolleyes:

·
PCA member and Site Donor
185 Posts
Momentum just did our 2yr. maintenance and it was 195 for the oil and 90 for the brake flush. I used my PCA for a 10% dicount on both my CS and my wifes Boxster. Sounds like you are getting hosed dude. We have 1 more yr fact. warranty but even on the exstended I commited to them since we can extend the warranties up to 8yrs. total.
Some I do myself but you gotta throw them a bone every once in a while. Go on line and see if they are running any specials and print out the coupon helps a little. You might even try another dealership they are differant you want to think the best but reality strikes. Oil/Brake fluid on both got out the door for under 300 I don't know what pricing book they are looking at and Porsche has one. Good luck!
Was this Momentum in Houston? I work near West Houston Porsche and was thinking of taking mine there.

BTW, just bought my PO'd. loving it so far.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Just paid $830 for my two-year maintenance including oil change, engine air filter and pollen filter, would have been around $1000 had I not provided my own filters (great parts pricing from Porsche of Orlando!)

Labor charge at my dealer is now $125/hour. :eek:

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Some of these prices are getting insane. Besides visiting an independent shop, you should think about posting in the regional forums and see if any fellow members here can help with the air filter and oil change work.

Invite a group over for a "tech" session and host a small BBQ/party. This way everyone will learn a bit about their cars and when you bring the car to the dealer, you'll only need a basic inspection and check which should lessen the $$$pain$$$.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just paid $890 for 2-year maintenance including oil change and brake fluid flush. Not sure brake fluid was needed since car has only 8500 miles but owner's manual says needed every two years/20k miles so OK I guess?

·
Tennessee Vol
649 Posts
Dealer quoted $470 for oil change & other stuff, $230 for brake fluid flush. Sound reasonable?
Picked up my 06 CS today. Had the "major" 60K service (actually have 55K) and tech inspection. Included: oil change, air filter, cabin filter, plugs, serp. belt, power steering fluid, gear oil, coolant change, brake bleed, wiper blades and washer fluid. Cost was $1,095. I also had him install the Mantis underdrive pulley and replace the water pump.

Ready for Sebring this weekend!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just got mine done for 20k, $90 for brake flush, $100 for pollen filter, $320 for wheel alignment, $350 for oil change.

Brake flush is a rip off lol, I have a turbo style wheels and i didn't realize i dont even need to take the wheels off, I can reach the bleed valve straight through the rim openings. Besides that I think without the wheel alignment (terrible NE winter) It should be 500$ for a 20k oil change. Dunno about 40k though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm too embarrassed to actually admit what the dealer charged me for 30K / 4 year service last fall suffice to say it was a princely sum. I bought my 05 Boxster S used last July with 27K on the odo. There were a bunch of "service campaign" items that were also addressed at no charge so I was not too upset at what I got for my money.

The one thing did catch my attention was the cabin air filter parts / labor was about $100USD. I think a cabin air filter on a convertible is moronic. It will not get replaced again.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.