Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

This is my first time writing a post after just browsing the forums for quite some time. My vehicle is a regular 718 boxster. I have started to hear this high pitched (metal ringing) noise when accelerating slowly around 30 to 50 mph. The noise is coming from the front driver's side. Interestingly, I can only hear the noise when in normal driving mode. I have posted the video of the noise (please see the link below). You may have to turn up your volume to hear the noise. It kind of sounds like coins or metal objects in a glass bottle.

I would greatly appreciate your feedback or even a guess on what the noise may be.

·
Registered
2013 Porsche 911 C4S
13 Posts
Hey Cshin6... hard to hear the video, but my first thought is you may have a rock or other object stuck in your rotor. I had this happen in the Cayman I had a couple years ago. I remember thinking it was something serious. Pulled the wheel and checked all around the calipers/pads with a flashlight. I was never so excited to see a small rock. I was able to coax it out with a screwdriver after a bit. Problem solved... in my case anyway! Best...

·
Premium Member
1,328 Posts
Don't hear anything but engine running slowly

·
Registered
2013 Porsche 911 C4S
13 Posts
Listened to it a few more times today in a quiet room... I definitely think you have something (sounds metallic) vibrating against your rotor. I'd pull the wheel and look for either a foreign object or a lose part around the caliper or back side of the rotor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts