Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Due to engine displacement only 2.0T and no VTG turbine , although spend the big money can made 718 Boxster/Cayman be modified to go beyond the 718 Boxster/Cayman S but the return on investment is very low! In contrast, although the exhaust is a basic upgrade, but through the valvetronic design can free control the size of the volume, high-rpm and aggressive sound, the first time I have a Porsche people are very cost-effective.Not need for seed of the 718 owners can refer to my experience........

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
Looks like Google Translate to me ...
Exactly. Look closely at the images. That's a Chinese garage ... and that's a Cayman, not a Boxster.

·
Registered
628 Posts
if i have to guess - even after big money spent 718 won't get 718S power.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Due to engine displacement only 2.0T and no VTG turbine , although spend the big money can made 718 Boxster be modified to go beyond the 718 Boxster S but the return on investment is very low! In contrast, although the exhaust is a basic upgrade, but through the valvetronic design can free control the size of the volume, high-rpm and aggressive sound, the first time I have a Porsche people are very cost-effective.Not need for seed of the 718 owners can refer to my experience........
Ok, I'll take two. Please contact me for instructions to ship them to my Belgian lawyer, who will arrange to forward them to me in the crate of South African diamonds left to me by a Nigerian prince.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I don't know if the OP is in China or not, but you dope's should know that China is Porsche's #1 retail market now with sales approaching 50% greater than the USA.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I don't know if the OP is in China or not, but you dope's should know that China is Porsche's #1 retail market now with sales approaching 50% greater than the USA.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Irrelevant. Besides OP indicates USA as location.

Reactions: Viffermike

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Irrelevant. Besides OP indicates USA as location.
Irrelevant? I was thinking that this forum may be irrelevant soon enough unless it has a Chinese language area. Good on the OP for at least trying to engage us on a topic they are passionate about. Too bad their enthusiasm hasn't been met with more support.

Oh, and you'd probably claim you were from the USA too if this was the kind of reception you got.

·
Registered
628 Posts
base 718 boost is already very high - 20 psi.
i don't know whether there is a room to get more than 300hp from the 2.0L engine.
and it's probably cooling challenged - which makes it even harder.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Irrelevant? I was thinking that this forum may be irrelevant soon enough unless it has a Chinese language area. Good on the OP for at least trying to engage us on a topic they are passionate about. Too bad their enthusiasm hasn't been met with more support.

Oh, and you'd probably claim you were from the USA too if this was the kind of reception you got.
Yes, irrelevant because (some points below are repeated from above for emphasis):
- The OP doesn't know a Boxster from a Cayman (pretty sure the Chinese language doesn't have equivalents).
- The OP never mentions the maker of the exhaust pictured.
- The OP misrepresents his location (likely means he's attempting to establish a gray market. Trust me: I've seen this before).
- The OP used an online translation program (If the OP's genuinely trying to gain the attention of other markets, particularly in the Eastern Hemisphere, a problematic and obviously automated English translation isn't the way to do it. Knowing the actual language yourself is.)
- This forum already has major issues with an anti-718 contingent. Does that make it a smart choice for a foreign enterprise to advertise a 718 exhaust? No. Does that make P-9 a great candidate for a Chinese-language version of itself? Heck no, to the power of no.
- The biggest reason this kind of post happens is because China does not have a free internet -- yet it has entrepreneurs and a bourgeois free market. The post isn't meant for most of us. I'll simply leave it at that (and recommend that the mods either lock or delete the thread.)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.