Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
718 Cayman/Boxster GTS Announced

Would appreciate if a mod could fix the thread title spelling of Boxster... thanks

edit, changed as request and please provide the SOURCE LINK for copyright. (chows)

Tailored for design and sportiness – the new Porsche 718 GTS models

Even greater performance and exclusive equipment: Porsche is expanding its mid-engine range with the new two-seater 718 Boxster GTS and 718 Cayman GTS.

The vehicles’ power has now been increased to 269 kw (365 hp; 718 Boxster GTS and 718 Cayman GTS: Fuel consumption combined 9.1 – 8.2 l/100 km; CO2 emissions 207 – 186 g/km) thanks to a newly developed intake duct and an optimised turbocharger for the 2.5-litre, four-cylinder boxer engine. With these improvements, the engine delivers 11 kW (15 hp) more power than the 718 S model and up to 26 kW (35 hp) more power than its GTS predecessor models with naturally aspirated engines. The new mid-engine sports cars are available with manual six-speed transmission or optional Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK). The GTS vehicles are equipped with a host of options as standard, such as the Sport Chrono Package, Porsche Torque Vectoring (PTV) with a mechanical rear differential lock and Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM), which lowers the body by ten millimetres.

Edit Read more at https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/pro...lusive-equipment-design-sportiness-14393.html

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Re: 718 Cayman/Boxster GTS Announced

My personal opinion: not worth the premium over the S model (even counting for included packages): (76000 EUR = ~$89000 USD)
But, this is also the euro press release. The price will most likely change a little for the US

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,088 Posts
GTS will always be better than the S and will have much less depreciation because it is a different trim (and top of the line). Get the S with the identical options (albeit less HP), and it will depreciate faster. GTS is a good deal provided you want those options. I also love the black accents.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Love the black accents. Not a huge fan of the 718 Sport Design aero, but I am sure it is functional. Interior looks good, as expected. I am kinda surprised they didn't give it a BIT more power...

·
Registered
73 Posts

My personal opinion: not worth the premium over the S model (even counting for included packages): (76000 EUR = ~$89000 USD)
But, this is also the euro press release. The price will most likely change a little for the US
I'm close to ordering a 718 S with all the features that the GTS has standard except alcantara. I believe that ordering the GTS will save me $3000 plus I get alcantara or if Porsche follows previous GTS configurations I can choose basic leather for the same price. So if I wait a few months I can save $3000 and get a car that depreciates at a slower rate and is slightly more powerful. To me it's a no-brainer.

·
Registered
229 Posts

I'm close to ordering a 718 S with all the features that the GTS has standard except alcantara. I believe that ordering the GTS will save me $3000 plus I get alcantara or if Porsche follows previous GTS configurations I can choose basic leather for the same price. So if I wait a few months I can save $3000 and get a car that depreciates at a slower rate and is slightly more powerful. To me it's a no-brainer.

That was why when I used the configurator and added the options i wanted the 2016 gts was also cheaper than the S loaded with what i wanted. If you want those option it is a no brainer and will depreciate a bit slower

·
Registered
4,682 Posts

This amuses me.

You are me from 3 years ago. :)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I take back my original comment - a 718S with the GTS wheels (on the US configurator), PTV, Sport Chrono, PSE, and PASM comes to $79,170... about the same base price as the GTS.
If you're already getting those options then yes, the GTS is a good deal

·
718 Enthusiast
303 Posts

Love that color (Carmine Red)!!!

·
Registered
344 Posts
We all know that a GTS is the way to go if you build your S with all of the sport upgrades (like I've built and ordered my 2017 S). I actually thought of waiting for the GTS when I ordered my 2017 S earlier this year. However, my 2017 S was $1,520 less than a similarly equipped 2018 S with the same features (have the screen shot from the Porsche Configurator showing that).

So, waiting for the GTS would not have been quite the bargain for me as it would be for a 2018 S vs. a new GTS.

The extra bump in HP and Torque (more importantly) wouldn't suck. But, I'm not a fan of the black accents or Sport Design aero package.

Though, if we were building an S today to order, I'd go with the GTS for everything you get for the $$$$ regardless of my thoughts on the looks.

Attachments

·
Registered
736 Posts
GTS spec is a great package - would be very happy with a Cayman 718 GTS.

Although, I have heard that the GT4 will have 475HP and importantly, PDK.............hard to believe I know. Time will tell.

·
Registered
12 Posts
There is zero scenario of the next GT4 having 475 hp. Last GT4 was a 45 HP bump from the GTS. Current GT3 is a 50 HP bump from the 911 GTS. Expect about 415 HP for the GT4. Will not be less than 400 HP, will not exceed the 420 HP of the Carrera S.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts

This amuses me.

You are me from 3 years ago. :)
Ha, same here. The GTS is a great package, more than the sum of it's parts, and worth the wait.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.