Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Although this 718 Cayman S engine is stock 2.5L Turbo style,But installed GT4 rear tail and add Arma speed front spoiler,side skirts,rear diffuser,Obviously the appearance is more sporty.Exhaust changed iPE valvetronic system at Hi-rpm made sound more loudly,aggressive and shock even if the engine output does not increase still remain at 350ps!

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
I know this is subjective and it may look better in person, but the Arma body kit is an abomination in my opinion and it cheapens the car terribly giving it a ricer look. I would steer well clear of that. The exhaust on the other hand sounds meaty.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I know this is subjective and it may look better in person, but the Arma body kit is an abomination in my opinion and it cheapens the car terribly giving it a ricer look. I would steer well clear of that. The exhaust on the other hand sounds meaty.
I am all in favor of whatever anybody does to make their car look better to them. But making it look like a GT4, doesn't make it a GT4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Exhaust systems can enhance the sound that an engine makes, but the engine is the key element. Four, six, eight, and twelve cylinder engines all have distinctive sounds. These sounds can be either enhanced or muffled depending upon the market the manufacturer is focusing on.

My point is that there is only so much you can do with a four cylinder. Of course you can make it louder, but for most discerning enthusiasts louder is not the same as better. For example there's a high school about five miles from where I live, and the school's parking lot has quite a few four cylinder Hondas and Subarus which are quite loud but they certainly don't sound good to my ears.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.