Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
That must have been tough; makes me sleepy just to think about it.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
I am excited about the new car, however, I'm not happy about selling my 2016 GT4. The dealer is not offering me enough for a trade in so I most likely will be selling it privately. I haven't sold a car privately sine I unloaded my 1979 Mustang Cobra back in 1980. Fingers crossed I'll be able to get a good price for it.
I expect it will be an easy sell...not too many 981 GT4s available in Canada (the same 4 or 5 on the dealer websites notwithstanding). Even fewer Spyders.

I've sold a 911 GTS (couple years back) and a Cayman S (last November) from Canada, and would be happy to share tips on weeding out the "flakes." Both cars sold very quickly, mostly because asking prices were realistic and the online ads were VERY detailed. Both sold via Rennlist; had multiple buyers lined up in the U.S. and Canada for the 911 and the CS sold to a young man from Portland, OR. I found the entire process almost painless.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I did PEI to my home in Grimsby in 18 hours with 4 passengers. 6 AM I left the Island and arrived home at midnight. I won't be doing that again.
I once did PEI to Ottawa in 9 hours. I’m much older (and possibly more mature) now...

I’m planning a 10,000 km trip this summer, but unfortunately it will be in a truck.

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
That's 833 miles, MapQuest says 13 hr. 23min.
So you averaged 92.5 mph

·
Registered
380 Posts
1,750 km was the distance. I travelled at 120 km/h while on the highway. At 100 km/h to would take less than 18 hours. I'm happy I had my math studies in Canada.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I expect it will be an easy sell...not too many 981 GT4s available in Canada (the same 4 or 5 on the dealer websites notwithstanding). Even fewer Spyders.

I've sold a 911 GTS (couple years back) and a Cayman S (last November) from Canada, and would be happy to share tips on weeding out the "flakes." Both cars sold very quickly, mostly because asking prices were realistic and the online ads were VERY detailed. Both sold via Rennlist; had multiple buyers lined up in the U.S. and Canada for the 911 and the CS sold to a young man from Portland, OR. I found the entire process almost painless.
I'm meeting with a dealer friend tomorrow to discuss a consignment sale. I'd like to drive my GT4 another month or so before I sell it. My GT4 would be easier to sell during the summer months. Thank you for your offer to assist me.

·
Registered
932 Posts
That's 833 miles, MapQuest says 13 hr. 23min.
So you averaged 92.5 mph
Sounds close. The car’s trip computer said the average speed was 130 km/h. That was in a Corrado VR6, but this is getting a bit off topic. Apologies.

·
Registered
380 Posts
No problem. Here in Ontario if you are caught travelling 50 km/h over the speed limit your car is impounded, there is a $10,000 dollar fine and I hate to see what would happen to your insurance premium. Our maximum speed limit in Ontario is 110 km/h in a very small area and 100 km/h through the majority of the major highways in the GTA. I use my cruise control daily to avoid speeding tickets. Take care all.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts