Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

61 - 68 of 68 Posts
It's my understanding here in Canada a new car can not be sold higher than list price. Now that doesn't stop the dealer from adding things such as rust proofing, tinted glass etc. In order for me to order one I will need to make space in my garage. It's a tough life. Cheers!

Yes, unlimited production run, as long as customers are lining up to buy them. That should affect the resale value a bit since they won't be as "rare" as the 981 GT4 was. Those are now dropping below $100k and I've seen a few under $90k. Once the 982 model hits the streets I expect the original ones will drop some more. Many of them(but not all) will be track rats but with a little searching it should be possible to find a good virgin car for maybe 75k or less. That's just my opinion, who knows how it will shake out?

Yes, unlimited production run, as long as customers are lining up to buy them. That should affect the resale value a bit since they won't be as "rare" as the 981 GT4 was. Those are now dropping below $100k and I've seen a few under $90k. Once the 982 model hits the streets I expect the original ones will drop some more. Many of them(but not all) will be track rats but with a little searching it should be possible to find a good virgin car for maybe 75k or less. That's just my opinion, who knows how it will shake out?
I have thinking about this (not that it affects my decision at all), but as these new one are a fair bit more expensive, I wonder how that will affect sales, sure they 'will' sell but here in Canada my spec 981 over 718 for a Spyder comes in at $40k more!

So I wonder if this might serve to make the 981 variants even with a little inflation seem like a great deal, helping to keep the prices stable or a bit higher?

I really don't think the increased price will make much difference at all in total sales. The 981's mostly topped out over $100k and when you get into that territory what's an extra $10-20k?
My 2016 981 BGTS was $104k, here the 718 Spyder start at over $110K, I built what I would like to have and it came to $142K, nearly $40K more... that's a significant step up, at least for me!

As for how it affects sales, I guess we will see, not any argument, simply wondering how it would affect sales and the market price of used 981 GT4/Spyder's.

Reactions: DFW
Any rumours yet on whether the promised future PDK GT4 will have the new 8 speed box with shorter ratios?
If it were up to me there would be PDK GT4. I love my current GT4 and despise my RS5 and its 8 speed automatic. The RS5 has a few good things which include the engine and styling. I would love a dual clutch in the RS5. I ordered the car not knowing the shortfall of the 8 speed tranny. Long live the manual.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.