Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I viewed some supposedly spy photos on Motor1.com of a Cayman GTS 4.0 that reportedly will have the same six-cylinder engine as in the Cayman GT4 detuned to around 400 horsepower and no fixed rear wing. If so, I could be interested because I wouldn't purchase a Cayman with a four-cylinder engine and I don't want a fixed rear wing.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I viewed some supposedly spy photos on Motor1.com of a Cayman GTS 4.0 that reportedly will have the same six-cylinder engine as in the Cayman GT4 detuned to around 400 horsepower and no fixed rear wing. If so, I could be interested because I wouldn't purchase a Cayman with a four-cylinder engine and I don't want a fixed rear wing.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Speculation is that this new model could be introduced at the Geneva Auto Show in March.

·
Premium Member
1,315 Posts
I seriously doubt Porsche would do a 4.0 GTS certainly not in a year when they are doing GT4 & Spyder's. Probably only if they decided not to anymore GT4/Spyder's.
That would make no sense.

·
Premium Member
1,315 Posts
Oh I didn't doubt that motor1.com said but I continue to say with the 4.0 GT4 and Spyder models currently being offered it doesn't make much sense. Sometime in the future when they aren't available OK but the GTS starts at 8ok.If they de-content those models to make them cheaper; say a $85k GTS with 400hp instead of 420hp what would you eliminate the leather interior and Bose. Without PSE, Sport Chrono, short shifter, PVT, etc. would you want it ? Would you buy it ?

·
Registered
349 Posts
This is nothing new. The non-GT4/Spyder 718 six cylinder models have been spotted on public roads and the Ring since October 2018 (if not earlier). Here is an article from February 2019 showing the Boxster.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Apologies if it’s been posted before:

·
Registered
896 Posts

The engine is connected exclusively to a six-speed manual transmission and it enables the cars to accelerate from 0-60 mph (0-96 km/h) in 4.3 seconds. Given enough room, they’ll eventually top out at 182 mph (293 km/h). “

·
Registered
601 Posts
394hp is kind of close to the GT4! Also looks like it has a similar diffuser (although pics aren’t great in that article)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
A test of the 2.5L turbo GTS and the 4.0L NA GTS is inevitable. It'll be a cat fight.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Video shows it doesn't have a diffuser, which is odd that they kept the similar tailpipe arrangement.

Turbo GTS will be faster - it's faster than the GT4, but NA GTS will sound better, even with the particulate filter.

·
Premium Member
1,315 Posts
How do you figure a 365 hp GTS will be faster than a 414hp GT4
Should have called it a Spyder T

·
Premium Member
1,315 Posts
A new T model

·
Premium Member
1,315 Posts