Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, does anyone know when we can expect to see authentic (non Porsche influenced) journalist reviews of the new 718 GTS?

When do Porsche usually release new cars to journalists?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hi, does anyone know when we can expect to see authentic (non Porsche influenced) journalist reviews of the new 718 GTS?
Rarely, if ever. For any car, anytime.

Authentic reviews may mean that the journal doesn't get invited to the next first class jaunt to far-away places. When did a journalist identify the expensive flights, first class hotels and meals, etc. as possible influences in a review?

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Rarely, if ever. For any car, anytime.

Authentic reviews may mean that the journal doesn't get invited to the next first class jaunt to far-away places. When did a journalist identify the expensive flights, first class hotels and meals, etc. as possible influences in a review?
+1, with the exception of Chris Harris, for one. He was never afraid to piss off the big boys by calling it like he saw it.

We have discussed this previously, but it is worth reiterating that lots of these "reviewers" don't even own a car. They drive road test cars full time and have no wish to cut off the supply.

·
Registered
108 Posts
just drive one at your local porsche experience center in case you plan to buy one. That's the best review imho although costs about $500. When i did my 718 S manual experience in Atlanta i asked when the gts will be available. he said they change all the cars every quarter with new models as they come in. So the 718 GTS experience should be opening up soon in LA and Atlanta. enjoy..

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes I saw this at the weekend (i've been searching 718 gts (filter by update date)) on Youtube :)

Great review, but he doesn't drive the card hard enough through the gears IMO.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thomas is no sports car guy. He more a Mercedes guy.... and he is a lot into design and such things.
His recommendations are sometimes too conservative for real sports car enthusiasts.

I saw no emotions from him driving the 718, even he said the best handling car overall.

But nice and very detailed videos.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.