Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going over my configuration one last time, I noticed in the "Standard Equipment" listing that the GTS comes with the following:

Bi-Xenon™ headlights in black with integrated LED daytime running lights

No mention of PDLS, but it's listed as a $1500 option.

So am I right in assuming that PDLS is NOT standard on the 718 GTS?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Going over my configuration one last time, I noticed in the "Standard Equipment" listing that the GTS comes with the following:

Bi-Xenon™ headlights in black with integrated LED daytime running lights

No mention of PDLS, but it's listed as a $1500 option.

So am I right in assuming that PDLS is NOT standard on the 718 GTS?
That'd be correct. The same "standard" option is listed on the 718 Base model as well - PDLS is a $970 option, PDLS w/ black headlights (standard on the GTS) is $1650 option.

·
Super Moderator
6,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That'd be correct. The same "standard" option is listed on the 718 Base model as well - PDLS is a $970 option, PDLS w/ black headlights (standard on the GTS) is $1650 option.
Thanks. That's a little disappointing, since that just cost me an additional $2100 to add the LED headlights with PDLS to my 718 build. My current 981 has PDLS and I like it a lot, so I figured I should have it on my next car as well. Yes, I know I could have spent $600 less and just gotten the Bi-Xenons with PDLS but I've been reading some rave reviews of the LEDs, so I just have to try them out.

I just told my sales rep to hurry up and lock in my configuration to prevent me from adding more and more options to my build. :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Thanks. That's a little disappointing, since that just cost me an additional $2100 to add the LED headlights with PDLS to my 718 build. My current 981 has PDLS and I like it a lot, so I figured I should have it on my next car as well. Yes, I know I could have spent $600 less and just gotten the Bi-Xenons with PDLS but I've been reading some rave reviews of the LEDs, so I just have to try them out.

I just told my sales rep to hurry up and lock in my configuration to prevent me from adding more and more options to my build. :)
You will NOT regret the LED lights. They are brilliant, literally! (Excuse the pun). But seriously, once you’ve tried them any other light seems dim in comparison. You have a fantastic build there. Now the long wait...

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,105 Posts
Dude....you have been absent from this forum for like 3 years. What happened?

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
I wouldn't spend the extra for LEDs because it rubs me the wrong way that I would get the dumbed down US market version and no clear path to upgrade.

The bi-xenons are already bright enough that the hi beams make distracting glare off the reflective surface of modern road signs on the dark country roads I drive. I think the european LEDs would cure that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts