Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Interestingly, Dario was deliberate to mention that he "liked the noise" of the "GTS exhaust"... I couldn't tell from the video, but surely this was the time for Porsche to adjust the sound (complaints). As a 981 GTS owner, I hope they DID address this issue. That being said, I think 365HP is crazy... and with torque should be seriously quick.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Nice torque curve 430Nm with PDK (420Nm with manual) and making ~ 15HP across the whole torque curve over the S with a peak 0f 365HP - Nicely done. This will be a very good car.

As far as I'm concerned NM is wrong WRT Alcantara versus leather - the leather drivers seat and steering wheel in my 9 month old 911 look much more worn than the equivalent in my 18 month old GTS.

I quite like Nicks take on things but sometimes he gets things quite wrong e.g. he doesn't seem to recognise that Lux and Lumens have to be considered when talking about headlights (not to mention the very cool selective auto dim on the PDLS+).

Anyhow, I think the GTS will review very well :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HUZfe3-ZWA

DF and CJW

·
Registered
268 Posts
I do think the GTS will be a good car, especially if you like the options and special visual changes, but...

These two guys are flown around the world to Sicily, no doubt housed and fed like movie stars, put on a specially closed portion of the Targa Florio track with two free cars to do with as they will. They were probably paid as well.
Are we supposed to believe that these perks have nothing to do with their opinion that a 4.28% power increase is "a fair old jump percentage wise"?--Yeah, sure.
Unless you're on a track or open speed limit road I doubt that 4.28% is significant at all, and in daily driving it is probably not noticeable at all. Of course it is advertising.

I have a base Boxster and I have never used full throttle except to try it out.

Greg

·
Registered
736 Posts
The point being is the power increase is delivered across the whole torque curve - very different to a NA car where power gains are really only at the top end.

Everyone is different, the 718 in base form is a great car.

However those that like to push their cars e.g. on track, will undoubtedly enjoy the power increase.

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
What is the time frame Porsche usually sell a GTS model for? Will the GTS still be on offer at the same time as the GT4?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Interestingly, Dario was deliberate to mention that he "liked the noise" of the "GTS exhaust"... I couldn't tell from the video, but surely this was the time for Porsche to adjust the sound (complaints). As a 981 GTS owner, I hope they DID address this issue. That being said, I think 365HP is crazy... and with torque should be seriously quick.
Well said... i am a 981 S owner... and i'm waiting cash in hand to upgrade to a new Cayman, however while the 718 is an exceptional car (and better than they 981 IMO), it just doesn't do it for me... the lack of sound and the rear diffuser (i know something really small, but it bothers me a lot... looks so unfinished).

I REALLY hope that Porsche have managed to do something with the sound... given they've had a year to sort it.

Looking forward to honest reviews as the guys in the Porsche video are reading from a script lol :)

·
Registered
628 Posts
i was surprised to hear that to get GTS Res tacho and GTS embroidery on the seats you need to pay 3,400$ - pretty crazy it's not standard stuff...

·
Registered
404 Posts
For an extra $12k you get $17k worth of options, but as I added it up, most of the $17k were look-good items, not go-fast goodies. In that sense the 718S is a better deal if you're using it mostly on track.

HOWEVER, I thought the hp bump was from 350 to 375. Am I wrong? And whether the increase is 15 or 25 hp, how much would that help lap times?

·
Registered
736 Posts
The HP difference is 15HP (across the whole curve) and with PDK you get 430Nm from 1900RPM to 5000RPM (instead of 420Nm from 1900RPM to 4500RPM). It'll make a difference out of corners and down straights.

·
Registered
128 Posts
The power increase is only 15hp. However, as RandR pointed it is accross the whole power band and will therefore translate a noticeable improvement in performance beyond what the actual figure may suggest, especially on track. Anyway before long, the road tests will come out as well as lap times and we will know for sure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.