Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The recent spy shots of the 718 GTS look promising.

Does anyone know they are likely to release it?

Also, how much more (% wise) are they usually than the S?

·
Registered
257 Posts
My guesses: the 718 Boxster GTS will be delivered in the US in late spring 2018 as a 2019 model; the horsepower will be 365- 370; base price will be hi $70's and most will go out in the $85-$90K price point. It will have some sort of enhanced sport exhaust and the usual GTS stuff.

·
Registered
453 Posts
According to Panorama magazine the GTS will have an increase of 25-30hp over the S models (375-380hp).
It will be revealed at the Frankfurt show in September.
Expected price increase $10,000 over S model.

·
Registered
736 Posts
According to Panorama magazine the GTS will have an increase of 25-30hp over the S models (375-380hp).
It will be revealed at the Frankfurt show in September.
Expected price increase $10,000 over S model.
Sounds about right and the Frankfurt show makes sense from a timing perspective. I'm a great fan of the GTS in Boxster Cayman guise, less so in 911 land (I don't like the wide body).

·
Registered
141 Posts
From Auto evolution

The turbocharged 2.5-liter four-cylinder heart of the sportscar is expected to jump from the 350 hp and 309 lb-ft output of the S model to about 375 hp and 330 lb-ft of twist.
One of the most important changes will come from the exhaust, whose spicier tone is set to help purists get over the downsizing brought by the 718 generation.

So will this exhaust note make it down the line to the base and S or will we get it with the new platform for the 2020/21 Cayman.

Not a whine, just want my new car to sound the way I expect it to.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Don't expect wonders, it's still a flat 4 turbo engine. Similar to a V4 with 180°.
Almost imposible to make that "saw and sing" like the n/a flat 6 engines.

Only future 718 Spyder and GT4 will sound like a proper Porsche. With the Non-S, S, GTS you will never again get that.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Don't expect wonders, it's still a flat 4 turbo engine. Similar to a V4 with 180°.

Only future 718 Spyder and GT4 will sound like a proper Porsche. With the Non-S, S, GTS you will never again get that.
Is the cutting edge 918 a proper Porsche? is the pedestrian GT2 RS a proper Porsche? is the luxurious Panamera Turbo a proper Porsche? is the best selling Macan a proper Porsche :beer:I have no idea what a "proper" Porsche sounds like.

The 718 GTS will be fantastic :)

·
Registered
525 Posts
I strongly doubt they're going to make a special exhaust for the GTS, would go against the whole parts bin nature of them. Even if they did, what could they do, make it louder? PSE is loud enough as it is.

The only thing the 981 GTS had over the S sound wise was the sound symposer, so maybe that kind of trickery isn't impossible, but it would already have to be designed in to the 718 in general.

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
I strongly doubt they're going to make a special exhaust for the GTS, would go against the whole parts bin nature of them. Even if they did, what could they do, make it louder? PSE is loud enough as it is.

The only thing the 981 GTS had over the S sound wise was the sound symposer, so maybe that kind of trickery isn't impossible, but it would already have to be designed in to the 718 in general.
Actually, I think a new sport exhaust WILL be part of the GTS model. My '15 CGTS's exhaust note is definitely different than '15 or 16 Cayman S notes... Don't believe me??
Ask if any Cayman S has been tagged for exhaust oversound at Laguna Seca during their 92 dB days. Then see how many arms get raised for GTS violations!!
D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Is the cutting edge 918 a proper Porsche? is the pedestrian GT2 RS a proper Porsche? is the luxurious Panamera Turbo a proper Porsche? is the best selling Macan a proper Porsche :beer:I have no idea what a "proper" Porsche sounds like.

The 718 GTS will be fantastic :)
Is the 356 a proper Porsche??!! They're all proper Porsche's, they just sound different. The 718 is a proper Porsche, it just sounds different to a 911/918/Panamera/Cayenne/Macan.

It's such a boring topic now. I love the sound of my 718... I also love the sound of all the other proper Porsche's, whether it's a flat-6, V8 etc etc

·
Registered
344 Posts

(rolls eyes)

Reactions: OttawaSteve

·
Registered
73 Posts
I spoke with my local dealer today hoping they had some info about potential upcoming announcements but they are in the dark. I did get my name on a prioritized allocation when the GTS is finally announced. I got the impression that there hasn't been a lot of interest so far.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.