Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi im interested in putting the x73 springs on my sport pasm 718.

i was wondering if it was going to lower it another 10mm?

WOULD you go with the x73 sways instead of the gt3 sway bar?

where did you purchase your x73 springs?

how would you rate your setup to a nice aftermarket coilover?

I read someone did it on the 981 just want to make sure it fits the 718

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just installed the complete 981 X73 kit with included swaybars.

Mine was NOT PASM as I don't like it. Deliberately purchased with standard suspension & changed that out from day 1 for X73 from 981 (as I had it previously & loved it).

Mine is a 718 Boxster S, direct bolt on. Kit I used was #981-044-400-01 981 Boxster 2012-2013 X73 Suspension Kit (Sports Chassis) For PDK Transmission.

26 15/16" front, 28" rear from floor to lip on guard at centerline (20" carerra S wheels).

Look closely & you may notice something different with the brakes (Hint: 350mm 6 piston front, 340mm 4 piston rear).

Oh, has a third radiator as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Wow that’s great this kit fits. Please describe any handling and ride quality differences. Thx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just installed the complete 981 X73 kit with included swaybars.

Mine was NOT PASM as I don't like it. Deliberately purchased with standard suspension & changed that out from day 1 for X73 from 981 (as I had it previously & loved it).

Mine is a 718 Boxster S, direct bolt on. Kit I used was #981-044-400-01 981 Boxster 2012-2013 X73 Suspension Kit (Sports Chassis) For PDK Transmission.

26 15/16" front, 28" rear from floor to lip on guard at centerline (20" carerra S wheels).

Look closely & you may notice something different with the brakes (Hint: 350mm 6 piston front, 340mm 4 piston rear).

Oh, has a third radiator as well.
Good post. I am wondering if these are essentially the same as the sport springs in the 718 that come with PASM-Sport.

The height looks very similar. Would you be able to measure from the ground to the top of the wheel arch to confirm?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ground to top of wheel arch are the measurements in the attached photographs.

As far as ride, I say smoother around town and much better handling/precision. Don't feel bumps at all, no rough ride and great handling the twisties - sits flat with great balance. No issues regards bottoming out suspension, I suggest better than standard due to spring rates. Best handling car I've had (mid engine no doubt a big contributor).

For reference, had a 997.2 with KW V3's (GT3 LCA's, needle bearings in LCA's & all rubber bushes replaced with heim joints in the suspension - toe arms sway bars, etc.), no where near as smooth or balanced overall for road/sporting use. Ride height/weight jacking was a plus though if wanting t really drop the car & tune for the track.

BTW, brake upgrade I've made is pretty good, factory technicians obviously can't pick it given the parts used. If asked, I say special factory option......

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks for the confirmation.

X73 springs seem like a good option as they are readily available, although I believe the stock spring rates for the 718 are slightly firmer than the 981. No doubt X73 is slightly firmer again like PASM-Sport in the 718.

I went out and measured the height on my 718 with PASM-Sport (-20mm) and it is nearly identical to your X73 springs. The back height is the same and the front height is 5mm higher.

I'd like to go 10-15mm lower again but I don't like the idea of using progressive springs with PASM which is what Techart, Eibach and H&R offer. It seems hard to get linear spring options whilst keeping the stock dampers. I assume the X73 is linear? The only option I've found seems to be the KW HAS kit which is actually for the 981 but given it is adjustable is presumably ok to use with 718.

Rear Height: Rear-PASM-S.JPG Front Height: Front-PASM-S.JPG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts