Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that the Cayman and Boxster "T" have been posted on the Porsche Canada site. Not on the configurator as yet so I don't know pricing. Some of the standard features (20" wheels, PASM, PTV, PSE, interior) suggest a GTS-like trim, but it's the 2.0T engine. Plus the obligatory pulls instead of door handles to save hundreds of pounds. A bit underwhelming.

·
Registered
5,241 Posts
I thought that there were a number of people 'clamoring' for a chance to by the 'T'?

The way it is described is 'less is more'... ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was considering to purchase 718T when it became available, but switched directions a few months ago and bought a 2016 Cayman GTS. I’m thrilled with the GTS. Big change from 987S. And $ for $, and comparing driving experience of 718T to 981GTS, I think it is a better car, IMO, than 718T.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I was considering to purchase 718T when it became available, but switched directions a few months ago and bought a 2016 Cayman GTS. I’m thrilled with the GTS. Big change from 987S. And $ for $, and comparing driving experience of 718T to 981GTS, I think it is a better car, IMO, than 718T.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've not driven a 718T so hard to make any comparison as to which is better, better being pretty subjective. I've always been a fan of the GTS line, be it 981, 718 or 911. They seem like the value propositions for Porsche (value being relative here). Good luck with the new purchase.

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
I registered to win one in the PCA raffle, I will let you know how I like it compared to the 987.2 once I win it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts