Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 376 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
718Forum.com - The Largest Porsche 718 Boxster/Cayman Forum And Community!

I've located Waiter's Club in some of the other model forums and didn't find one here in the 718 boards. There are several of us waiting on the 718s we have on order. Let's discuss our waits here.

My 718 Cayman S officially went from (V250) Fixed to (V260) Started Production last Friday. I believe the next codes I'm waiting to obtain are (V270) Vehicle exits production and (V300) Vehicle completion. The dealer told me I'll be given a site to track the boat the car is on.

Other than this, I really don't know what to expect other than the ETA for delivery is the first week of July. My plan is to take my build sheet to use as a checklist to ensure everything I ordered is on the car. I suppose the best way to do this is to check the build to the window sticker?

Feel free to post up sharing your experiences, expectations, and thoughts.

·
Registered
268 Posts
My right-hand drive Boxster is now complete and booked on a ship (HOORAY) to dock in Melbourne on 27 June with delivery in Adelaide about 3 days later. The dealer says that the ships have been coming in early this year so far, so maybe delivery will be a bit early too.

The dealer also confirms the car is complete exactly as ordered.

Greg

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Greg, your progress sounds great. The waiting game is killing me. ha!

I just received the following update:

·
Registered
46 Posts
IT'S THE FINAL COUNT DOWN!!!! Ordered my 718 base model on March 15th and was told estimated delivery of May 19th at the time...seems like that estimate was pretty spot on...it arrived in the US on the Adriatic Highway on Monday (Rhode Island port), and now just waiting for it to be shipped to Virginia Beach! Could be today...could be next week! Unfortunately, the US shipping isn't as reliable as the German shipping! Already cleaned out a space in the garage and hoping for good weather and no issues when she arrives to I can start breaking it in!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IT'S THE FINAL COUNT DOWN!!!! Ordered my 718 base model on March 15th and was told estimated delivery of May 19th at the time...seems like that estimate was pretty spot on...it arrived in the US on the Adriatic Highway on Monday (Rhode Island port), and now just waiting for it to be shipped to Virginia Beach! Could be today...could be next week! Unfortunately, the US shipping isn't as reliable as the German shipping! Already cleaned out a space in the garage and hoping for good weather and no issues when she arrives to I can start breaking it in!
Your dealer must have had an immediate allocation. I am so jealous! I placed my deposit for my car the first week of March (2017) and was told late June to early July is the estimated arrival date. The build on my car just started last week. Assuming Porsche overachieves on its estimated dates in my previous post, there's no way I'll see the car early July.

That said, I'm told Porsche's estimates are generally very conservative. For example, Porsche provides the transport ship 2 weeks to leave Germany and arrive in Jacksonville, FL. I read it takes much less time to do so. It will be interesting to see how the "Actual Date" plays out as my car progresses.

In the interim, enjoy your short time left in the Waiting Club. :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Mine was on the same ship and reached Halifax, Canada on the 12th. My estimate sheet says exactly 2 weeks from the time it reached the dock to when it arrives at the dealership here in Toronto. I'm hoping it comes earlier than next Friday!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just received an update from the dealer. The car has exited production ahead of schedule! Now it will be off to Port Emden to be placed on a ship bound to Jacksonville.

·
Registered
89 Posts
My 718 CS is due at the dealer this weekend, perhaps ready for me to pick up on Monday. This from an order placed in late January.

Oddly, I'm not super excited about it -- not like I was in Feb and Mar. I guess I've become inured to the idea that it will always be "on the way, never here"?

I'm hoping this changes once I drive it home :) .

·
Registered
89 Posts
My 718 CS is due at the dealer this weekend, perhaps ready for me to pick up on Monday. This from an order placed in late January.

Oddly, I'm not super excited about it -- not like I was in Feb and Mar. I guess I've become inured to the idea that it will always be "on the way, never here"?

I'm hoping this changes once I drive it home :) .
Well, I'm a bit more excited now. One of several pics from my SA this morning, as my car was delivered to the dealer. I pick it up Monday!

Attachments

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I'm a bit more excited now. One of several pics from my SA this morning, as my car was delivered to the dealer. I pick it up Monday!
Now that's a way to drum up a bit of anticipation. Good on your dealer for doing that.

I understand what you mean about losing some of the excitement. I put my money down on the 718 I ordered the first week of March and have a little longer to go. The initial excitement has worn off. But, it has provided me more time to confirm I chose the right car. I'm sure the moment I pick it up and turn the key, the excitement will be back.

·
Registered
46 Posts
She's here! Passed by the dealer and saw it on the truck waiting to be unloaded... Unfortunately it's forecast to rain most of the week!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Congrats.

My car arrived at Port Emden on May 22 which is about 4 days ahead of schedule. The ETA to exit the port via ship is June 16. Let's hope for a sooner time!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I placed my order and deposit with a PA dealer in February this year. With no allocations available I was told I would get a 2018 Cayman with delivery late July. I was surprised with wait time and 2018 production starting in June, I thought it started in September/October. Anyone else waiting on a 2018? If so, when do you expect build start and delivery?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Ordered a 2018 718 Cayman this past Saturday (5/27); snagged a June allocation slot at my dealer. It's due by early October, but will likely be here in late September.

A note: Virtually no dealer allocations exist for July because manufacturing plants close for most of August. This time of year, that's why typical delivery takes four months instead of three. Individual shortages of any Porsche Exclusiv Manufaktur options, which are typically made/prepped/delivered by third parties off the assembly line, could delay any order. For instance, the only on-the-books delay for my car currently is for the '718' painted body color; the production delay was for one day at the time of my order. One day is nothing ... but other shortages could potentially cause a significantly longer delay.

·
Registered
185 Posts
The Baltic Highway just docked in San Diego this morning, so hopefully I'll receive my Cayman in 2- 3 weeks. My order went in January 3rd.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Placed an order for a 2018 Cayman S on 15 March 2017, went to V210 status on 15 May, and V250 on 29 May. "Expected date" of entry into the body shop (V260) is 23 June. Though, I will post if the V260 date gets moved up or pushed back. Tried to start a tracking forum for both the 718 Cayman & Boxster on Rennlist on 15 March but no one has posted anything. Thought, I was the only one purchasing a new 718:)

Cayman S, Miami Blue, Leather interior Black/Chalk, Premium Package Plus (with LED headlights PDLS+/Seat heating & ventilation/ Porsche Entry & Drive/Dimming mirrors & Rain sensor/Light design package/2-zone climate control), PDK, Power Steering Plus, Sports Chrono, Sports Exhaust, 19” Boxster S Wheels, Wheel Center Caps with Colored Porsche Crest, Lane Change Assist, GT Steering Wheel, Heated Multifunction Steering Wheel, 18 Ways Seats with Memory Package, Smoking Package, Seat Belts in Chalk, Porsche Crest on Headrests, Door-Sill in Stainless Steel, Navigation Module, and Bose Surround Sound.

1 - 20 of 376 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.