Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Assuming $78K sticker, what lease deals are you getting?

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
It will depend on a lot of things:

- Residual value
- Money factor
- Cap cost reduction
- Length of lease
- Mileage allowance

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I understand all of that at great detail. Maybe I was not clear. What are people paying for $78K MSRP Caymans on 36 mos. leases? I don't know what the current rates, residuals, etc are. But real world examples would give me an idea.

·
Registered
189 Posts
MSRP $78k Cayman S, just using special rate.

6-speed car(55% res); 36mo, 10k/year, $0 down = 1243+tax

PDK car(54% res); 36 mo, 10k/year, $0 down = 1220+tax

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Ash:

So the Money Factor is 0.00222?

Any other incentives to the dealer? I need to shave about $500 off this payment, just wondering how much of that needs to come from my pocket versus dealer's profit.

Tomasz

BTW, DSG has a better rate? How can it be less with lower residual?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Thank you Ash:

MF is .00158

Porsche Financial uses what is called a MRM basically a maximum amount that can be used to calculate the residual. They feel that over a certain price point the vehicle is not worth any more then lessor optioned cars of the same model.

In the case of a 6-speed CS the MRM is $75k so that is the highest amount you can use to calculate the residual (55%) off of.
If the car were $78k, you would be paying 100% of the $3000 difference($75k) in the payments.

Due to a higher base cost the PDK car has a higher MRM of $79100 so a $78k MSRP could fully take advantage of the residual (54%).

Hope I didn't butcher the explanation.

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
Thank you Ash:

Any other incentives to the dealer? I need to shave about $500 off this payment, just wondering how much of that needs to come from my pocket versus dealer's profit.

Tomasz

$720-$743/mo to lease a CS with an MSRP of $78k is virtually unheard of. Your MF is already 0.00158 and the residual isn't going to change. The only way to lower the monthly at this point is to get a serious cap cost reduction, either out of your own pocket (which doesn't make sense), or negotiating a whopping discount on the cap cost.

Sorry, I don't think it's going to happen. My 2006 CS lease was $940/mo with taxes, and that was on a $66k MSRP and cap cost around invoice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts