Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have now owned my 2006 CS for 8 months and I still turn around a look at my car every day when I park it at work. I just changed the oil by myself for the first time, (really easy, if not a little messy), and have put on 7500 miles already and i was smiling the entire time.

The Guards Red really gets attention, and so far, only the good kind. I also was able to get the DA polisher out and was able to remove some of the major scratches that came with the car. The plan was to polish it and then take some good pictures. I ran into a problem, the camera battery was dead and by the time that it was ready the next day, the weather hit and the opportunity was gone. :mad:

I find myself finding longer and longer routes to go to places that I normally go. I just want to drive all of the time.

Got to go and pick my daughter up in an hour, better leave now or I won't make it in time. ;)

·
Registered
296 Posts
Congratulations, I am on my second one in 5 years. I still get a huge grin when I walk into my garage and see my car.

will you show us some pictures? Especially the stripe

Reactions: Mlevere1992

·
Registered
85 Posts
That great I have had mine since November 2014. It's a 06 and I love it. I feel the same way. I park at work or at home or anywhere else and I always give it a second glance. Mine has 82.5k on it now. Had about 78k when I got it. So far I have loved every mile. Heck I even love adding oil to it every 600-800 miles. Weird but I love it.

BTW Wal-Mart still has 0-40 Mobil for 26 bucks on the shelf :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just over one month for me and I need to cut back on my driving. I have put just over 2k miles on the car in 5 weeks, good thing the CPO warranty goes to 100k, just over 20k now. I am very impressed with just how good of a car the Cayman is for a daily driver. I did feel bad driving through a big thunderstorm the other day, the PO never drove in the rain and would have died if he knew I made his baby a daily driver. I have been doing a weekly wash/detail to keep it looking like new. Looking forward to my first oil change, will stop by Wal-Mart and see if they have the oil.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
1. I have now owned my 2006 CS for 8 months and I still turn around a look at my car every day when I park it at work.
2. I find myself finding longer and longer routes to go to places that I normally go. I just want to drive all of the time.
haha, i've had the grey beast for about 6 months - and I still do these things too!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Yep - had my 2007 for closing in on a year, and am still grinning like crazy when I drive it. Planning my first multi-day trip in it in a couple weeks. Most (non-Porsche) people think it is brand new, thanks to great care by the original owner and some polishing/waxing by me.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have owned my 07 BS for 22 months (12 of which have been winter :(), but I have still managed to put 17,000KM on her and loved every one. And yes I still look back at her each time I park her. You have to own one to understand.:drivingskid:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congratulations, I am on my second one in 5 years. I still get a huge grin when I walk into my garage and see my car.

will you show us some pictures? Especially the stripe
Pictures are definitely coming but not with the stripe. I put the stripe on in the fall and when I was polishing the car this spring, I did a little damage to it and decided to take it off so I could get to all of the scratches. I still have enough to put it back on later. It was really cheap for the stripe. It was only $50 and it would have gone entirely from front to back even when I messed one part of it up.

there is a perfect place for pictures in town but timing and weather has made it impossible to get there.

Soon, very soon.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My 1 year anniversary and I'm still doing everything you describe. So much joy that sometimes I drove all the loops on the way home (37km vs 9km direct).

It's true, you have to own one to understand and all the dilemma's that you had before purchasing, like which options etc simply don't matter any more :)

The only down side is finding out how much your wish list of options is going to cost you but then, you can't put a price on passion!! :)

·
Registered
895 Posts
Yes, I'm with you on this as I've owned mine for eight months also. Getting in my Cayman always puts a smile on my face (or my virtual face) and I still think I'm lucky to be able to drive one.

I will say I much prefer the color of my Cayman to yours and my wheels look just terrific (thanks Mike).

Eddie

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,105 Posts
I have no idea what you are talking about......lol.

I have a 2014 Boxster and it already has 17,000 miles on it.

....and it's not even my commuter car.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I just changed the oil by myself for the first time, (really easy, if not a little messy), and have put on 7500 miles already and i was smiling the entire time.
I changed my oil on my first one 3 times, I was never able to do it without making a mess. I then found an Indy that charges $110 for an oil change so I just have it done.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've had my 2.7base for 5 months already put 15,000 miles on her and i still stare out my window at her when I first wake up in the morning. So far I've done one oil change and change the accessory built myself.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pictures as promised. Just cleaned and waxed my wheels. Boy they were dirty.
IMG_0400.jpg IMG_0401.jpg IMG_0406.jpg IMG_0407 - Version 2.jpg IMG_0410.jpg

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
My 06 Cayman S has been mine only since December 2014. I echo everything that has been said above and will add only this - every driving affecianado needs to drive a Cayman S.
Oh and yes, my raffle tickets for the GT4 are the winning tickets :hilarious:

·
Registered
70 Posts
I love your "hip-shot" pic that shows off her sensual "hips".

3-year owner of a black 2006 Cayman S, and the honeymoon is still not over.
Some days I get as many as 5 compliments on her, sometimes I see people taking pics of her with their cell phones when it is parked.
Sometimes I drive to work an hour early so I can give her a quick detail so she looks her best when she sits in the lot, (I call it my public display of affection).
Who can say that about any other car that is approaching 10 years of age?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I love your "hip-shot" pic that shows off her sensual "hips".

3-year owner of a black 2006 Cayman S, and the honeymoon is still not over.
Some days I get as many as 5 compliments on her, sometimes I see people taking pics of her with their cell phones when it is parked.
Sometimes I drive to work an hour early so I can give her a quick detail so she looks her best when she sits in the lot, (I call it my public display of affection).
Who can say that about any other car that is approaching 10 years of age?
My thoughts exactly.... The 987.1 is aging so well that it's hard to believe it's 10 years old. People are shocked when I tell them my car is a 06

1 - 20 of 22 Posts