Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it took me 8 years after my divorce, but I finally have my first 987.2 Porsche Boxster S, Carrera White with Beige Interior more pics coming.

I absolutly love the car, its my weekend driver. I picked it up from a private seller in NY and drove it back to FL July 8th, started trip with 25,051 miles and had a blast driving it down, in mint condition.

Just put new Pirelli P Zero's on the rear and Pirelli P Zero NERO on the front. Looking forward to all the knowledge on this board. "You can't always get what you want, but if ya try sometimes, ya get what you need" !! A new to me Boxster S, perfect for South FL cruising and chasing blondes!
:dance::dance::banana::hilarious::):):):taunt::drivingskid:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LMAO - no just didn't have a reason to be here until now! But yes, thats a sport down here!! I'm a pro at it now....:banana::hilarious:

·
Chesapeake Region Member
220 Posts
Congrats on the new car. I hear ya, I've said "one day" ever since 1982 when I saw my 1st Porsche on the autobahn. 30 years later, kids grown, divorce, remarried, I bought my Cayman S and am absolutely smitten. Been driving it for 5 years now and plan on driving it for many years. Well worth the wait.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Welcome back and get those pix posted!

I assume your long absence was due to financial issues around your divorce so it reminds me of the joke:

Q: Why is divorce so expensive?

A: Cuz it's worth it!

Eddie
The guy I roomed with at college was a playboy. Without exaggeration he had a different girlfriend virtually every week. Soon after he graduated he got married and I was his best man. Based on his history, I assumed that his marriage would last maybe six months. Soon after his marriage my friend and I moved to different parts of the country, and I didn't see him again for about five years. So the first question I asked him was how was it being married. As soon as I asked the question, he pulled out his wallet and showed me several pictures of his gorgeous wife. He told me that any time he was tempted to stray, he would pull out his wallet and check out his wife's pictures and realize that the risk was too great to take. So about another five years pass, and I asked my friend the same marriage question. He again pulled out his wallet, and I thought he was going to again show me his wife's pictures. But that wasn't the case. This time he showed me pictures of his beautiful home, his summer home, his 38' sailboat, and his new 911. So this time he said that any time he was tempted to stray, he looked at pictures of all his major possessions and wondered what it would be like if he lost half of them. :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
That's perfect and so true!! Made my day!!!

I love women, but after two D's I'm just a bit jaded that it's all up to us still to provide, show them a good time etc.......my new Motto is "Marriage = still just legal prostitution"
since we ultimately in some way pay for it.
Take my *** out to dinner, pick up the check, **** me, and don't expect the world just because you have a *****....but I digress.....

OK...Titanium lug/bolt/nuts being delivered....without getting the sermon on searching ( I have) what are the top 3 cool air filters for my 12 Box S so I can get it installed...my local swiss porsche mechanic will install the lugs for $10, so I want to give him a task with K&N's or others I've seen on the web.

Thanks boys (and girls) ....glad to be free....I do have a wpb blond lawyer on the hook...hehe.....as we say down here..."fish on".....lol

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
My favorite divorce joke:

Next time I’ll find a woman who hates me from the start and just buy her a house!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yep...Gave her that too, then she got foreclosed on...stupid **** happens during and after a divorce. I'm happy now, over the bitterness, just need to find the right one for the second half of life!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'll take any hair type, just prefer blondes and ones that can carry their own weight...the rules need to change for men. I love independent women...chasing an attorney now, up for a judgeship...always a challenge. One thing my best friend from 4th grade still told me..."Tom, the one you are chasing was always someone else's problem at one point" ....choose wisely my friends!

OK...best GT side vent mod for my 12 Boxster S....?? My search result skills here are lacking for some reason...seems like a good , nice looking mod. Looking for bolt on vs 3M tape....

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Just want to say....what effing awesome cars we all own...puts a grin on my face when I can open it up....I have two must have CD's...best of "The talking Heads" and Best of "The Cars"..for all you young peeps, you still love our music!! Best song for after divorce in the Porsche......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9r7X3f2gFz4&sns=em Enjoy and here's to a manual 6! Love shifting....

PS - Forgot to add this upcoming Mod...https://youtu.be/xfto0kybH5w Seriously.....these cars are awesome to drive!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
My new theory is - "Committed Monogamy without lawyers", that is if you even want a partner, the VA keeps me checked out between "dates" lol. I will never give half my **** away again...just be in love if possible, and enjoy the second half in a fine fast car when you go on weekend trips.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.