Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, it was 8 years ago the week of Thanksgiving, and today I handed the title and keys to a new owner. I feel the CaymanS has a great new owner, who will take care of it, and enjoy it as much as I have.

It was a great ride, with great experiences, with great people. Really, so much more than just owning a car. However, after much conversation, we started down a new path this fall, and it was just time to move on. We are very excited about the new adventures we are planning for the future, and will stay involved with our many Porsche friends.

I'll check in from time to time.............

Regards

David

·
Premium Member
1,257 Posts
... we started down a new path this fall, and it was just time to move on. We are very excited about the new adventures we are planning for the future, and will stay involved with our many Porsche friends.

David
Well, that was pretty cryptic. 'New path'- having a baby? Going to a diesel truck? Your 918 arrived?

Is this like one of Ken's posts, where we have to guess what's going on?

Anyway, I enjoyed your many posts. Liked a few, too, IIRC.

Let us know what's going on. I've run out of guesses.

John

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks for your very nice note, but baby, omg no! But funny you mention a diesel truck, because I did drive a 1 ton Denali diesel recently, and it was really nice!

At this point in our lives, we have decided to "de-content" / simplify / downsize. Sold the McMansion, condo under contract, and lots of very "active" travel planned before we get too old (or worse) to really enjoy it all. No one guarantees tomorrow,.......

It really is planned to be the next adventure in life. We are both "chapter" people, we have had the opportunity to do a lot of great things in life, maybe not to the nth degree, but enough to really enjoy each stage. The Cayman was so much more than a car (for both of us) and certainly has its own very special place that has surprised us beyond expectations.

Oh, and I shoud have noted it in my original post, Ken, thanks for creating CaymanClub /P9! It certainly has been a foundation of the experience. I am very happy that we had not only CC/P9, but also Croctoberfest 2008 as part of it all!

·
Registered
408 Posts
At this point in our lives, we have decided to "de-content" / simplify / downsize. Sold the McMansion, condo under contract, and lots of very "active" travel planned before we get too old (or worse) to really enjoy it all. No one guarantees tomorrow,.......
Sounds like one of the smartest decisions you will ever make. In the end, life is made by experiences, not products. Cheers...

·
Boxster Enthusiast
1,767 Posts
David, I hope life brings you everything you want. Please stop by Road Atlanta every once in a while and visit.
I'll never forget all your help and kindness this summer when I messed up my wheels. Thanks again.

Dave

·
Incurable Gearhead
993 Posts
Thanks for your very nice note, but baby, omg no! But funny you mention a diesel truck, because I did drive a 1 ton Denali diesel recently, and it was really nice!

It really is planned to be the next adventure in life. We are both "chapter" people, we have had the opportunity to do a lot of great things in life, maybe not to the nth degree, but enough to really enjoy each stage. The Cayman was so much more than a car (for both of us) and certainly has its own very special place that has surprised us beyond expectations.

Oh, and I shoud have noted it in my original post, Ken, thanks for creating CaymanClub /P9! It certainly has been a foundation of the experience. I am very happy that we had not only CC/P9, but also Croctoberfest 2008 as part of it all!
Hope that each of your following chapters is the better than the previous.
:cheers:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts