Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1998 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha!
Even though there are only a couple of us in the 808 area. I think we should start our own "sightings" thread(mainly because I finally saw a cayman on the road:rolleyes:). I know there aren't too many caymans running around, so you could add GT3's, Turb's, and other exotics.
OK, lets give it a shot, on Wednesday afternoon, I saw an awesome CS in silver on Keamoku headed for Ala Moana SC. gtkyl, was that you? I was in a friends Mazda Speed Miata.

And yesterday, I saw a beautiful Yellow cayman in front of the convention center on Kapiolani headed DH. It was around 12:30pm.

cya:D

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
about 2 or 3 weeks ago i saw what appeared to be a white gt3 (or it could have been a turbo) passing the building i work in on mililani street in downtown (wasn't sure what it was as i saw it pass by from my 3rd floor office...not a very good angle to make a definitive identification).

·
Registered
176 Posts
hi guys...i just got a 07 white cayman s...any of you going to the PCA picnic tomorrow???

2007 Scheduled Events

If you're planning to celebrate Father's Day next Sunday as I'm sure most of you will be, please celebrate it with us at our annual picnic on the ridge at Kamehame in Hawaii Kai. But of course, if you're not, you're welcome as well. Here are the details:
Who: Members, prospective members, families & friends

What: Free food and drinks, relax under the shade, play games if you want, and enjoy the camaraderie as we eat, play, and just sit around and "talk story"

Where: Kamehame Ridge Park in Hawaii Kai

When: June 17th, Father's Day, 9:30 am to 3:00 pm

this is my first porsche, and i'm not a PCA member yet, but they say everyone (even nonmembers) is welcome...hope to see some caymans there tomorrow...

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Aloha poser. Congrats on the new Cayman & welcome to the club. I hope you find plenty of fun & information here, and believe me, there’s tons of info, insight, & opinions in the archives here. A lot of good people too! I made a promise to take the kids to the Water Park tomorrow so I’m sorry to miss the meet. Ah Hui Hou :)

Kloser: I think you might have scored more hits on this thread if you were looking for Cayenne sightings. At least I’m surprised at how many, dozen or so, that I’ve seen in the past 4-5 months. It’s nice to see them around.

Cayman sightings are rare. Over the past few months, I saw a black one on Koapaka next to Nimitz. I briefly followed a silver one around Ko’olina (gtkyl or whoever you were, sorry for the stalking). And I think I’ve seen you (yours is Guards Red?) twice: once driving past Sandy Beach and once coming into town on H1.

Probably not what you had in mind, but there’s also most Sundays when I drop my wife off at work and ask the kids “Hey you wanna go see the Porsche Cayman?”, and we hang out in the parking lot at the dealership for a few minutes. Soon you will be mine….AHHH!!! :D

I’m always on the lookout & I hope to see you around.

Aloha

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aloha everybody! Maybe we'll see more caymans on father's day, too bad I gotta work all day.

808croc - yea, that was probably a white GT3, there's only one on the island. I talk to him a couple of times a week. He says it's a total rush!

poser - Did you get the white cs with the black wheels? I saw it at the dealer. The Porsche white is an awesome color. Btw, thanks for the invite tomorrow, I gotta work though, so have fun. I'm planning on joining the PCA soon.

presto - I agree, we would have a ton of hits if this was the Cayenne Club:D. Cayennes are all over the place. But on the bright side, at least our Caymans are rare.
The red cs was probably me. Maybe I'll catch you at the dealership someday. Do you have a Cayman on order?

Well keep on the look out!
cya

·
Registered
176 Posts
poser - Did you get the white cs with the black wheels? I saw it at the dealer. The Porsche white is an awesome color. Btw, thanks for the invite tomorrow, I gotta work though, so have fun. I'm planning on joining the PCA soon.
yep, white/black wheels is mine- and i see you saw it already in the picture gallery post...:D

i'm one of the local officials for the SCCA solo 2 (autocross)...i just bought race rims/tires for my Z06, so i wont be competing in the cayman, but it'd be great to see some caymans come out and play...

our next event is on july 1st at the stadium...my wife will probably bring the cayman out there that day...more info here for those interested: sccahawaii.org...

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Aloha everybody! Maybe we'll see more caymans on father's day, too bad I gotta work all day.

808croc - yea, that was probably a white GT3, there's only one on the island. I talk to him a couple of times a week. He says it's a total rush!

presto - I agree, we would have a ton of hits if this was the Cayenne Club:D. Cayennes are all over the place. But on the bright side, at least our Caymans are rare.
The red cs was probably me. Maybe I'll catch you at the dealership someday. Do you have a Cayman on order?

Well keep on the look out!
cya
kloser, do you work at Ala Moana? i just returned home from there and saw a red CS parked on the coral level not too far from the security office. i walked by it and saw what appeared to be an aluminum travel coffee mug in the cup holder. i recall that one of your posts indicated that your commute is from Hawaii Kai to Ala Moana. i presume that you reside in HK and work at Ala Moana.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
kloser, do you work at Ala Moana? i just returned home from there and saw a red CS parked on the coral level not too far from the security office. i walked by it and saw what appeared to be an aluminum travel coffee mug in the cup holder. i recall that one of your posts indicated that your commute is from Hawaii Kai to Ala Moana. i presume that you reside in HK and work at Ala Moana.
Yup, I've been parking down there for 10 years. It's the employee parking area and it's close to the security office.
I'm living in the very back of Hawaii Kai and I cherish the drive to and from work.

cya

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK, who is secretly working out in the middle of the night? I just spotted a Black Cayman parked in the 24hr Fitness lot at Koko Marina. Sharp car! Watch out though, that parking lot has narrow spaces.

Btw, has anyone seen the orange GT3RS running around the island?

Keep your eyes open!

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
... OK, lets give it a shot, on Wednesday afternoon, I saw an awesome CS in silver on Keamoku headed for Ala Moana SC. gtkyl, was that you? I was in a friends Mazda Speed Miata.
Sorry, that silver CS wasn't me; I've haven't been on Keeamoku yet. :p

I've only seen 2 on the roads; a Meteor or Seal gray one on H1 driven by a blonde woman a couple of weeks ago and a midnight blue one coming out of the Waimea shopping center on the Big Island on June 13. I told my wife "There's a Cayman!" She said "Where?" as we drove right by it. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
To follow up; I don't know if I want to see any others ... the more I see the more I think about the next one ... special order, GT Silver, cocoa interior, yada yada yada ... :p

Does anyone have the full leather interior? I've read that it doesn't hold up well in a sunny, hot climate like ours. My friend's 911 dash has shrunk to the point where it's warped. Someone said the vinyl interior holds up much better over the long haul. I really want the full leather but I do park outside. My wife's car has the carport (her car stays home most of the time).

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
Sorry, that silver CS wasn't me; I've haven't been on Keeamoku yet. :p

I've only seen 2 on the roads; a Meteor or Seal gray one on H1 driven by a blonde woman a couple of weeks ago and a midnight blue one coming out of the Waimea shopping center on the Big Island on June 13. I told my wife "There's a Cayman!" She said "Where?" as we drove right by it. :rolleyes:
Oops:eek:, I thought that might have been you. Oh well.

I took my wife to The Ihilani the other day for lunch. After racing around at 80-110mph and almost getting hit by an suv by the airport on H1, my wife is sick of my car:(.

I'll keep an eye out for ya!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I think I'm the only Meteor Gray on the island.. I have only seen two others... that bright blue color and an artic silver... I'll be sure to keep on eye out for you... Aka Wani!

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
Hott, I haven't seen a meteor grey Cayman before, so I bet you've got a rare one!

I just found out a friend of mine is running around town in a black one. I haven't seen him on the road yet.

We should set up a group run in the near future!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I think that is a fantastic idea... we may not be a big group.. but we will be a beautiful sight....and sound!!!!!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
i saw Aka Wani's car at Ala Moana this morning again...no, i'm not stalking Aka. aside from Aka's and those at the dealership, i have not seen any other Caymans.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey Aka... what products are you using? Everyone tells me Griots...
I have such hard water marks on my benz and it's garaged... I'm over it.... :)

1 - 20 of 1998 Posts