Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched the forum manually as you can't search with the terms 911 (which is crazy since most searches on here will be 981, 911 987 etc.) but someone must have done this before -

Can 11.5J 911 991 wheels fit onto a 981 Boxster S? They are 20" with 56 Offset

Currently running 20" 10J with 50 offset

Cheers all -

·
Registered
97 Posts
You would need to supply a lot more information to hope for a reliable answer. What suspension, has it been lowered, what alignment specs, what tire brand and sizes do you plan on using?
After measuring and estimating, I ordered 20x8.5 et 50 & 20x11 et 50 for a 981CS with modified suspension. To ensure no rubbing I had to adjust with an 8mm rear spacer, making the rear offset et 42.
This was specific to all the specs listed above.
There is a lot to measure between the inside suspension bits and the tire, the inside suspension and the wheel, and then the outside fender and the tire. Check both front and rear clearances. It may also help to look at clearances when the suspension is fully compressed and at full steering lock.
You may want to consult with a qualified shop before ordering.
But to answer your question, 20x11.5 et 56 would not fit on my car.
In retrospect, it would have been a better fit with a rear 20x10.5 et 50, which is close to Boxster Syder specs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah thank you for the info there, I haven’t even considered that offset is modified as simply as changing the spacer but it makes perfect sense.

On balance I could get these to fit really but would need a hefty spacer, and the wheels would just stick out considerably.

Not a goer!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts