Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A colleague of mine here at work asked me today about a 911 Carrera Cabriolet that he saw this morning. He noticed that the rear pipes, two on each side were of different diameters. One small and one larger on each side. I have noticed this in the past and have not thought much of it. We are now wondering if there is some sort of technical reason for the different sizes or is it purely cosmetic?

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
I don't know whether it's cosmetic or not, but it is only on the cars with PSE. I have it on mine, for instance.

I can't imagine it's just cosmetic, as it would look better and make more sense for them to be all the same size.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
The reason I think they're cosmetic is that they were available for the 996 tequipment, with no stated gain in power... Plus, PSE does not give more power, at least that's what Porsche says!

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
If I am not mistaken it is simply a cosmetic add on as the exhaust is only a single pipe up until the tips. There is nothing technical about the design and when you get down at eye level you'll see they are not special at all, except for the looks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts